请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 choice
释义
choice /tʃɔɪs/ noun 1. the action of choosing between different people or things, or the opportunity to choose between themadjectives/nouns + choicea difficult choice He called his decision to leave “the most painful and difficult choice of my life.”a stark choice (=a choice between two unpleasant things that you must make) We faced a stark choice: steal or starve.(a) free choice (=you are free to choose any thing or person) Students have an entirely free choice of what to study at university. | In most countries, marriage is based on free choice.an informed choice (=one in which you know enough about something to make a good decision) The patient should have enough information to make an informed choice.consumer choice (=the opportunity for people to choose between a range of different things to buy) If these shops close, it will limit consumer choice.parental choice (=the opportunity for parents to choose between a range of different schools for their children) The aim is to extend parental choice in education.verbshave a choice Students have a choice between German and Spanish.make a choice (=choose something) One of our course advisers can help you to make your choice.exercise choice formal (=make a choice) Everyone should have the right to exercise choice in matters of relationships.give/offer sb a choice Her doctor gave her a choice: take medicine or lose weight.be faced with a choice He was faced with a difficult choice.influence sb’s choice Many factors will influence your choice of career.have no choice/not have any choice (=have to do or accept something) The men had no choice but to obey.leave sb with no choice I was left with no choice but to resign.prepositionsa choice between sth and sth She was faced with a choice between her job and her husband.a choice of sth You should take more care with your choice of clothes.by choice (=because you choose to) Some people live alone by choice.phrasesfreedom of choice Patients should have more freedom of choice.sth is a matter of (personal) choice (=it depends on what you prefer) The way you feed your baby is a matter of personal choice.given the choice (=if you had a choice) Given the choice, I probably wouldn’t work.2. the range of people or things that you can choose fromadjectivesa wide choice There is a wide choice of designs.a good/excellent etc choice It was a lovely hotel with a good choice of food.a limited choice There used to be a limited choice of TV channels.verbsoffer/provide a choice Which university offers the widest choice of subjects?phrasesbe spoilt for choice BrE (=have a lot of good things to choose from) If you find old buildings fascinating, you’ll be spoilt for choice in this area.3. the person or thing that someone choosesadjectivesa good/great/excellent choice This plant is a good choice if your garden is shady.the right/wrong choice I think you’ve made the right choice.the perfect choice This hotel is the perfect choice for those who like comfort.a sensible choice They thought that he was a sensible choice for the job of captain.personal choice I like strong colours, but that’s just my own personal choice.sb’s first/second choice (=what they like most, or like almost most) Tennis was not his first choice of sport at school.nouns + choicea career choice Do we ask teenagers to make career choices too early?a lifestyle choice Our lifestyle choices can affect how long we live.prepositionssb’s choice of sth The sofa can be covered in your choice of material.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 8:46:52