请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 unemployed
释义
unemployed /ˌʌnɪmˈplɔɪd◂/ adjective without a jobverbsbe unemployed Fifty per cent of the men in this town are unemployed. | I’ve only been unemployed for a few weeks.become unemployed He became unemployed after the factory where he worked closed down.nounsunemployed people Training is an important and effective way of helping unemployed people back to work.unemployed workers There are an estimated 3,000,000 unemployed workers.an unemployed man/woman An unemployed man was jailed for two years yesterday for burglary. an unemployed actor/teacher/engineer etc The firm was started by two unemployed engineers. GrammarUnemployed can also be used as a noun: The government plans to introduce a new scheme to help the long-term unemployed. (=people who have been unemployed for a long time)THESAURUS: unemployed out of work unemployed, especially for a long period of time, when you had a job before: I’ve been out of work for two years. | Many of the waiters are out-of-work actors. redundant BrE if someone is made redundant, they are told that they no longer have a job: He was made redundant earlier this year. | It can be difficult for redundant workers to find employment. joblesstotal | figures | rate used especially in news reports, when talking about the number of people who do not have a job: The jobless total has risen by 6% in the last year. | The latest jobless figures show that the economy is continuing to grow. | The German jobless rate fell below 10 percent. You can also say that someone is looking for work: How long have you been looking for work? This sounds less direct than saying that someone is unemployed. You say that someone is on the dole (BrE) or on welfare (AmE) when they are receiving money from the government because they do not have a job: I didn’t want to go back on the dole. Many people on welfare don’t have anyone to take care of their kids while they train for a job.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 11:05:34