请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 grave
释义
adjective | noun
grave1 /grɑːv/ adjective THESAURUS > bad (2)
adjective | noun
grave2 /ɡreɪv/ noun the place in the ground where a dead body is buriedadjectives/nouns + gravea shallow grave (=not very deep in the ground) The body of a woman was found in a shallow grave in the woods.a mass grave (=filled with many people) Victims of the disease were buried in mass graves.an unmarked grave (=one that does not have anything to show where it is or who is in it) Until 1855, poor people here were buried in unmarked graves.a family grave (=one where members of a family are buried together) Walter was buried in the family grave in Finchley cemetery.a war grave (=one where a soldier killed in a war is buried) He has gone to visit the war graves in Flanders.an open grave (=one that has not yet been covered in earth) He wept by her open grave.a freshly dug/fresh grave (=a new one) In the churchyard was a fresh grave with flowers.verbsdig a grave In the churchyard, a man was digging a grave.mark a grave The stone marked her grave.bury sb in a grave (=put someone in a grave) She was buried in a grave next to her older sister.visit sb’s grave I always visit my mother’s grave on her birthday.desecrate a grave (=deliberately damage it) More than 300 graves had been desecrated.a grave contains sb/sth Police discovered a grave containing the bodies of at least ten people.grave + nounsa grave site (=the place where a grave is) The president visited the grave sites of 12 youths killed in recent bombings.prepositionsin a grave Several bodies were discovered in unmarked graves.on a grave I laid some flowers on the grave.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 15:36:44