请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 medication
释义
medication /ˌmedəˈkeɪʃən, ˌmedɪˈkeɪʃən/ noun medicine or drugs given to people who are illphrasesbe on medication (for sth) (=be taking a type of medicine) He is on medication for his heart.verbstake medication (=regularly have it) Are you taking any medication?go on medication (=start taking it) Since I went on the medication, I’ve felt a lot better.come off medication (=stop taking it) Her doctor told her to come off the medication as soon as she found out she was pregnant.put sb on (a course of) medication (=make someone start taking it) He put me on a course of medication for my sleeping problems.a doctor prescribes medication (=arranges for someone to have it) Doctors should explain the reasons for prescribing any medication. | What happens if the patient does not take their prescribed medication?give sb medication also administer medication (to sb) formal Teachers are not allowed to administer medication.change sb’s medication (=start giving them a different one) I started to feel worse after they changed my medication.receive medication Did you receive any medication in the hospital?respond to medication (=start to get better after taking it) The study found that some patients responded better to medication than others.need medication also require medication formal If the problem continues, you may need medication.stop/discontinue medication I stopped the medication when I found out I was pregnant.adjectives/nouns + medicationregular medication He is on regular medication to control his blood pressure.long-term medication (=taken for a long time) People with mental illness may require long-term medication.prescription medication (=for which you need a doctor’s order) In extreme cases, there are prescription medications for people who want to lose weight.oral medication (=that you drink or eat) How do you give oral medication to a dog?preventive medication (=to stop you getting an illness) There is preventive medication for people who get a lot of headaches.asthma/cancer/arthritis etc medication What type of asthma medication do you use?prepositionsmedication for sth She takes medication for high blood pressure.Medication or medicine?Medication sounds more formal than medicine. You use medication about pills that a doctor gives you for a particular medical problem. Medicine is a more general word for any substance that is used to treat an illness: Scientists are always trying to develop new medicines.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:48:07