请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 measurement
释义
measurement /ˈmeʒəmənt $ -ʒər-/ noun the length, height etc of something, or the activity of calculating thisadjectivesan accurate measurement When making curtains, you need to have accurate measurements of the window.an exact/precise measurement It’s about 10 metres by 8 metres – I don’t know the exact measurements. | This special equipment allows us to make very precise measurements.a careful measurement Careful measurements of the human skull were taken and recorded.a direct measurement (=made by measuring the thing itself) Instruments in space allowed a direct measurement of Jupiter’s temperature.an objective measurement (=not influenced by opinions or feelings) The test provides an objective measurement of the student’s listening skills.nouns + measurementsb’s waist/chest/leg etc measurement Her waist measurement is 28 inches.a length/temperature/pressure etc measurement How do you convert length measurements from feet to metres?verbstake/make a measurement (=measure something) Take measurements of the room before you buy any new furniture. | Scientists make daily measurements to find out if the ocean temperature is increasing.take sb’s measurements (=measure their body for a piece of clothing) She was having her measurements taken for her wedding dress. | The assistant took my measurements and showed me what was available in my size.get/obtain a measurement In order to get an accurate measurement, you need to have the right equipment.record a measurement The students recorded their measurements in their notebooks.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:24:34