请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 childhood
释义
childhood /ˈtʃaɪldhʊd/ noun the period of time when you are a childadjectivesa happy/unhappy childhood My sisters and I had a very happy childhood. | Her parents divorced and her childhood was unhappy.a normal childhood I think my childhood was fairly normal.a lonely childhood An only child with few friends, Greg had a lonely childhood.a deprived childhood (=without enough money, food, or love) Many children in this city have very deprived childhoods.early/middle/late childhood The experiences you have in early childhood are very important.verbshave a happy/unhappy etc childhood I had a wonderful childhood growing up on a farm.spend your childhood somewhere This is the house where the artist spent most of his childhood.remember sth from (your) childhood He remembered the place from his childhood.childhood + nounschildhood memories The photograph brought back happy childhood memories.a childhood friend The two childhood friends became bitter enemies in later life.sb’s childhood sweetheart (=the person they loved when they were very young) Brian married his childhood sweetheart.sb’s childhood home Her childhood home in North Dakota is no longer there.childhood experiences Our childhood experiences make us who we are as adults.sb’s childhood dream (=something they really wanted to do when they were young) Becoming world champion has been my childhood dream.a childhood illness/disease There are vaccinations against measles and other childhood illnesses.prepositionssince/from childhood Anna and I have known each other since childhood.in/during childhood (=when you are a child) The disease usually occurs in childhood.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 8:47:30