请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 father
释义
father /ˈfɑːðə $ -ər/ noun [C] a male parentadjectives/nouns + fathera good/better father I hope I’ve been a good father to you.a loving/devoted father He said he was lucky to have such a loving father. a proud father Steve recently became the proud father of a baby girl.an absent father (=who has left the family home) Absent fathers are being made to pay to support their children.a single/unmarried/lone father (=who has to bring up a child without the help of a mother) The evidence suggests that lone fathers are more likely to work than lone mothers.sb’s real/birth/biological father He never knew who his real father was.sb’s foster father (=a man who looks after a child instead of its real father) His uncle became his foster father. sb’s late father (=who has died) The picture was given to him by his late father.verbsbecome a father Andrew was very excited about becoming a father.resemble/take after your father (=be like your father) They are worried that John will take after his father and start gambling.nouns + fathera father figure (=someone who seems like a father to you and who you ask for advice) Mitchell has been a father figure to Reid since he was ten.phrasesa father of two/three etc The driver of the car was a father of four.be like a father to sb The coach was like a father to him.THESAURUS: father dad informal used when talking to your father, or about someone’s father: Can I borrow your car, Dad? | Her dad retired ten years ago. | My dad was in the army. daddy a name for father, which is used especially by young children or when you are talking to young children: Where’s your daddy? | Daddy, can I have a drink, please? pop AmE informal used when talking to your father, or about someone’s father: I helped Pop fix the gate this morning. | He is in New York with his pop’s credit card, eating all the ice cream and pizza the city has to offer. stepfather also stepdad informal a man who is married to your mother, who is not your father but often acts as your parent: Her stepfather is really nice.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 11:02:28