请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 feeling
释义
feeling /ˈfiːlɪŋ/ noun 1. an emotion that you feeladjectivesa good/great/wonderful etc feeling It’s a great feeling when you try something new and it works.a terrible feeling I had a terrible feeling of guilt.a strong/deep/intense feeling A deep feeling of sadness came over her.an overwhelming feeling (=very great) When I heard the news, I just had an overwhelming feeling of relief.a slight/vague feeling He didn’t know how to explain his slight feeling of unease.positive/negative feelings These women had negative feelings about their bodies.mixed/ambivalent feelings (=used when you have doubts about whether something is a good idea) Her parents had mixed feelings about the marriage.bad feeling (=the feeling that you hate someone because of what has happened) There is still a lot of bad feeling toward the soldiers.a warm feeling (=a happy or friendly feeling) Their kindness gave me a warm feeling.a painful feeling A rejected lover may have painful feelings of emptiness and rage.sb’s true/real feelings He never revealed his true feelings.verbshave/experience a feeling I remember experiencing a feeling of tremendous excitement.give sb a feeling My work gives me a feeling of achievement.arouse/cause a feeling The music aroused a feeling of calm within him.show your feelings I know you find it embarrassing to show your feelings.express your feelings/put your feelings into words (=tell other people about them) Children sometimes find it difficult to put their feelings into words.vent/give vent to your feelings (=express angry feelings) He only vented his feelings about the decision in private.hide/conceal/disguise your feelings She could no longer hide her feelings.control/suppress your feelings (=not feel something, or not show your feelings) She struggled to control her feelings. | She is trying to suppress her natural feelings in order to appear strong.hurt sb’s feelings (=make someone feel upset) I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings.a feeling comes/sweeps over sb Suddenly, a feeling of joy came over him.prepositionsa feeling of guilt/panic/relief etc Stephen had a sudden feeling of panic.sb’s feelings about sth/sb He wrote a poem about his feelings about the death of his father.sb’s feelings towards/toward sb She had made her feelings towards him very clear.sb’s feelings for sb (=especially feelings of love) Tom’s feelings for her hadn’t changed.phrasesfeelings are running high (=people have strong feelings, especially of anger) It was the last game of the season, and feelings were running high.2. an idea or opinion about something, especially one that is influenced by your emotionsadjectives/nouns + feelinga strong feeling Mary has very strong feelings on the subject of women’s rights.a vague feeling I had a vague feeling that I had seen him somewhere before.a distinct/definite feeling (=used when you feel sure that something is true) He had a distinct feeling that he was being tricked in some way.a good feeling I had a good feeling about the race (=I thought I would probably win).a bad feeling He had a bad feeling about the project from the start.a strange/funny feeling (=not easily explained) I had the strange feeling that we had met before.an uneasy/uncomfortable feeling (=used when you feel a little worried about something) She had the uneasy feeling that something was wrong.a sinking feeling (=a sudden bad feeling that something is true) I realized with a sinking feeling that I had left my keys at the office.a sneaking feeling (=a slight feeling that something is true, without being sure) I have a sneaking feeling that this band will do very well.sb’s personal feeling My personal feeling is that it would be a very good idea.a gut feeling (=an opinion based on emotion, not facts) I had a gut feeling that something very unusual was about to happen.verbshave a feeling He has strong feelings about the war.get the feeling that I got the feeling that he didn’t like me much.prepositionssb’s feelings about/on sth What are your feelings about this subject?
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 10:33:06