请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 fantasy
释义
fantasy /ˈfæntəsi/ noun (plural fantasies) something that you imagine happening to you, which is extremely unlikelyadjectives/nouns + fantasya childhood fantasy The story is just a childhood fantasy.a romantic fantasy She started having romantic fantasies about her boss.sth is pure/sheer fantasy (=it is not really true) None of this will ever happen – it’s all pure fantasy.a sexual/erotic fantasy He writes about his sexual fantasies.verbshave fantasies about sth He had fantasies about being a famous actor.act out/play out/live out your fantasies (=do what you imagine you would like to do) For many people, computer games are a way of acting out their fantasies.fantasy + nounsa fantasy world She created a fantasy world, in order to escape from her job at the factory.a fantasy novel/story/tale The book is a fantasy tale about a boy and his dragon.a fantasy figure Marilyn Monroe was a real person, not just a Hollywood fantasy figure.a fantasy life He lived in a fantasy life where he thought he was a kind of superhero.phrasesthe realms of fantasy (=used when you think someone’s ideas are completely wrong and not based on reality) The idea belongs in the realms of fantasy.sb is living in (a) fantasy land (=they are imagining something that will never happen) If he thinks he can persuade them, he’s living in fantasy land.not even/never in your wildest fantasies (=used especially when saying that something is very surprising) Even in my wildest fantasies, I never imagined that I would get the job.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:24:17