请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 table
释义
table /ˈteɪbəl/ noun 1. a piece of furniture with a flat top supported by legsadjectives/nouns + tablea kitchen/dining-room/bedside table They were chatting around the kitchen table.the dinner/breakfast table Will you clear the breakfast table?a coffee table (=a low table that you put cups, newspapers etc on) Dale put her glass down on the coffee table.a side table (=a small table, especially one that you put next to a wall) Darius noticed a china vase on the side table.a picnic table There are some wooden picnic tables in the park.the top table BrE the head table AmE (=the table where the most important people sit at a formal meal, for example at a wedding) The wedding couple and their parents usually sit at the top table.verbsset/lay the table (=put knives, forks etc on a table before a meal) Mom asked me to set the table.clear the table (=take plates etc off) Do you want me to clear the table?sit at a table He was sitting at a corner table.sit around a table We sat around the table and talked.get up from/leave the table She stood up from her chair and left the table.book/reserve a table (=in a restaurant) I’ve booked a table for four at a local restaurant.a table is groaning with sth (=there is a lot of food on it) The tables were groaning with cakes and desserts.prepositionson a table Amy put the newspaper on the table.at a table (=used when people are sitting at a table) The talk at the table was mainly about horses.under the table A dog lay under the table, asleep.phrasesat the head of the table (=in the place where the most important person sits) My father always sat at the head of the table.2. a list of facts, numbers, or information arranged in rows across and down a pageverbsa table shows sth The table shows the temperatures in each country during 2010.compile/produce a table Compile a table comparing the data from both countries.publish a table They published a table showing the best schools in Britain.phrasesthe table of contents (=the list at the front of a book, report, document etc that shows what is in it) The table of contents should be on a separate page at the beginning.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 10:42:55