请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 situation
释义
situation /ˌsɪtʃuˈeɪʃən/ noun a set of things that are happeningadjectives/nouns + situationa difficult/tricky situation I found myself in a difficult situation. | He’s good at getting himself out of tricky situations.an impossible situation He was in an impossible situation.a dangerous situation The situation was becoming increasingly dangerous.a stressful situation She doesn’t cope very well with stressful situations.the present/current situation The present situation in Afghanistan is very worrying.the economic/political situation The country’s economic situation continued to deteriorate.the security situation (=how safe a place is) Until the security situation improves, it is far too dangerous for staff to work there.sb’s financial situation (=how much money someone has) What is your current financial situation?a social situation (=a situation in which someone is with other people) He felt uncomfortable in social situations.a work situation (=a situation at work) These problems often arise in work situations.a no-win situation (=one in which there will be a bad result whatever happens) We’re in a no-win situation – either way, we’re going to be criticized.a win-win situation (=one in which everyone gets what they want) Shorter work weeks are a win-win situation for both the employee and employer.verbs + situationbe in a situation I’ve never been in this kind of situation before.put sb in a situation That puts me in a very difficult situation.deal with a situation He had no idea how to deal with the situation.create a situation We don’t want to create a situation where no-one trusts us.assess/review a situation (=examine it to see what it is like) Take time to review the situation before making a decision.monitor a situation (=watch to see how it develops) The bank is monitoring the situation closely.explain a situation Maria explained the situation to everyone.accept a situation I just cannot accept this situation.improve a situation They are doing what they can to improve the situation.remedy a situation (=make it good again) What can be done to remedy this situation?defuse a situation (=make people less angry) She’d just been trying to calm Gerry down and defuse the situation.exacerbate a situation formal (=make it worse) Such action will only exacerbate the situation.situation + verbsa situation happens/comes about also a situation arises formal I don’t know how this situation has come about. | This situation has arisen as a result of a serious staff shortage.a situation continues also a situation persists formal If this situation persists we will need to employ more staff.a situation changes I’ll let you know if the situation changes.a situation improves The situation has improved over the last decade.a situation gets worse also a situation deteriorates formal If the situation gets any worse, we will have to take action.prepositionsin a situation She coped well in a difficult situation.phrasestake advantage of a situation (=use it to get what you want) Anyone who didn’t take advantage of a situation like this was a fool.take control of a situation The police arrived and took control of the situation.lose control of a situation I feel as if I’ve lost control of the situation.be aware of a situation Are her parents aware of the situation?the seriousness/gravity of a situation (=how serious it is) She immediately realized the gravity of the situation.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:32:04