请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 personal
释义
personal /ˈpɜːsənəl $ ˈpɜːr-/ adjective 1. belonging or relating to one particular person, rather than to other people or to people in generalnounssb’s personal view/opinion My personal opinion is that the project was too ambitious.sb’s personal possessions/belongings/property also sb’s personal effects formal Your personal property should be clearly marked with your name and address. | When you leave the train, remember to take all your personal belongings with you. | She had to collect her dead husband’s personal effects from the police station.personal taste/preference Music is very much a matter of personal taste. | My personal preference is for a garden that has lots of flowers.sb’s personal qualities (=the good things about someone’s character) He got the job on the basis of his experience and his personal qualities.personal experience I know from personal experience how hard it can be to raise a child.a personal relationship She established good personal relationships with her co-workers.sb’s personal interests (=things that benefit someone) You should put your own personal interests to one side and think about other people for a change.your personal space (=a comfortable distance that you like to keep between you and other people) He kept leaning into me, invading my personal space.a personal computer Most young people have a personal computer or a laptop.a personal trainer (=someone whose job is to tell you which exercises are most suitable for you and who helps you to do those exercises) I guess having a personal trainer is a good idea if you want to get really fit.phrasestake/have a personal interest in sth The prime minister took a personal interest in the case.for (your) personal use He bought a computer for his personal use.on a personal level (=used when giving your own opinion) On a personal level, it’s been a very positive experience.2. relating to the private parts of your lifenounssb’s personal life I won’t answer questions about my personal life. | I try to keep my personal life and work separate.personal details Fill in your personal details, including your nationality, date of birth, and a current address. | It is not company policy to give out employees’ personal details.personal problems These kids have a wide range of personal problems.a personal question Can I ask you a personal question?a personal call (=a phone call that relates to private matters, not work) We’re not allowed to make personal calls from the office.adverbsdeeply/intensely personal (=very personal) The content of the letter was deeply personal.rather personal (=very personal) That’s a rather personal question!strictly personal (=not related to business or work) His visit to the country was on a strictly personal basis.phrasesfor personal reasons The company’s chief executive has resigned for personal reasons.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:44:21