请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 enter
释义
enter /ˈentə $ -ər/ verb to go or come into a placenounsenter a room They all looked up when she entered the room.enter a building/house etc You have to show your ID when you enter the building.prepositionsenter (sth) by/through sth Calderon entered through a back door. | The two big men entered by the main south door.THESAURUS: enter go in/into sth to enter a place. Go in/into is the usual phrase to use in everyday English: It was getting cold so we went in. | He went into the café and ordered a drink. come in/into sth to enter a place – used when you are already in that place: Come in and sit down. | When you come into the village, you’ll see the church on your right. get in/into sth to succeed in entering a place, especially when it is difficult or it takes a long time: I’d lost my key so I couldn’t get in. | You can’t get into the club if you are under 18. break in/into sth to enter a building using force, for example in order to steal something: If anyone tries to break in, the alarm will go off. | Thieves broke into the house and took all her jewellery. burst in/into sth to enter a room or building very suddenly and noisily: Two men with guns burst in and told us to lie on the floor. | He burst into my office laughing and screaming like a maniac. barge in/into sth to suddenly enter a room where you are not wanted because you are interrupting someone or you were not invited: She just barged into my room without knocking. | You can’t just go barging in. sneak in/into sth to enter a place quietly and secretly hoping that no one will notice you: If you’re late, just try and sneak into the back of the class. slip in/into sth to enter a place quietly and quickly: Maggie opened the door silently and slipped in. | He slipped into the room and sat down. trespass formal to enter an area of land that belongs to someone else without permission: The sign said ‘Trespassers will be prosecuted’. | Trespassing on the railway is a criminal offence in the UK.THESAURUS: enter write (1)
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 15:39:15