请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 persuasion
释义
persuasion /pəˈsweɪʒən $ pər-/ noun 1. the act of persuading someone to do somethingadjectivesgentle persuasion After a little gentle persuasion, Dad agreed to drive us to the mall.friendly persuasion If friendly persuasion fails, what are you going to do then?verbsneed persuasion He didn’t need much persuasion to accept the job offer.take persuasion I don’t think it will take much persuasion to get him to change his mind.use persuasion We’ve tried using persuasion and it did not work.phrasesa method/means/form of persuasion Economic sanctions will only be used if all other forms of persuasion have failed.the art of persuasion As a former diplomat, she is skilled in the art of gentle persuasion.use all your powers of persuasion (=use all your skill at persuading people) She had to use all of her powers of persuasion to stop him from going to the police.be open to persuasion (=be able to be persuaded to do something) Although Mr Butler won’t sell his shares, his partners might be open to persuasion.with a little persuasion With a little persuasion from his mates, Robbie got up and sang.after some persuasion After some persuasion, the nurse allowed me to see her for 5 minutes.2. a particular kind of religious or political beliefadjectivessb’s religious persuasion People of every religious persuasion have visited the temple.sb’s political persuasion The person’s political persuasion is not important.phrasespeople of a different persuasion I don’t find the advertisements offensive, but people of a different persuasion might be offended.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:48:34