请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 kick
释义
verb | noun
kick1 /kɪk/ verb to hit something or someone with your footadverbskick sb/sth hard Her brother kicked her leg hard under the table.kick sb/sth repeatedly He had been repeatedly kicked as he lay on the ground.nounskick a ball/football Billy was kicking a ball around the yard.kick the door down/open (=force it to open by kicking) The police had to kick the door down.kick off your shoes She kicked off her shoes and sat down.
verb | noun
kick2 /kɪk/ noun 1. an act of hitting something with your foot, or a movement of your leg that is like thatadjectivesa good/hard kick (=with a lot of force) The machine only works if you give it a good kick.a swift kick (=done quickly and with force) She gave me a swift kick on the shins.a well-aimed kick He was knocked over by a well-aimed kick to his chest.a high kick The dance routine was full of high kicks.verbsgive sth a kick He gave the door a kick.get a kick While trying to get the ball, he got a kick on the ankle.2. informal a feeling of great excitement or enjoymentThis meaning of kick is sometimes used when someone gets enjoyment from doing something that causes problems or suffering for other people.phrases(just) for kicks (=because it is enjoyable, not for a serious reason) Some kids get involved in crime just for kicks.get your kicks from sth She’s the kind of person who gets her kicks from embarrassing junior staff in meetings.get a kick out of sth He loves playing the game and he says he still gets a real kick out of it.give sb a kick It gave me a big kick to see her so happy.adjectivesa real/big/huge kick Winning the trophy a second time gave me a huge kick.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/6/3 6:49:12