请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 cook
释义
verb | noun
cook1 /kʊk/ verb to prepare food for eating using heatnounscook rice/vegetables/meat etc Cook the onion until it is soft.cook food She tends to cook very spicy food.cook a meal David cooks all his own meals.cook (sb) breakfast/lunch/dinner He offered to cook me dinner one evening.verbslearn to cook She learned to cook from her mother.like/love to cook My dad loves to cook.offer to cook Mum always says no when I offer to cook.adverbscook sth slowly The pumpkin has to be cooked slowly.cook sth gently (=on a low heat) Cook the sauce gently for about 5 minutes.cook sth thoroughly Cook food thoroughly to destroy bacteria.be well cooked (=cooked for a long enough time, or cooked skilfully) Always make sure your food is well cooked.be perfectly/beautifully cooked The fish was perfectly cooked.be cooked through (=cooked in the middle as well as on the outside) Fry the fish until golden and cooked through.be evenly cooked (=cooked the same amount all over and on the inside) The cookies must be evenly cooked.freshly cooked (=it has just been cooked) Serve the dish with freshly cooked vegetables.ready cooked (=used to describe meals that have already been cooked) She heated up a ready cooked curry in the microwave.prepositionscook sth in the oven/in a pan Mushrooms can be fried, grilled, or cooked in the oven.cook for sb I’ve offered to cook for some friends.phrasesbe cooked to perfection (=cooked perfectly) All the dishes were cooked to perfection by the French chef.THESAURUS: cookmake a meal makebreakfast | lunch | dinner | supper | meal | salad | sandwich | pasta | pizza | curry | fish and chips | cheese on toast to cook a meal or a kind of food, or get all the parts of it ready: It’s your turn to make breakfast. | I made some supper for the children. | He made us a fantastic meal. | I think I’ll make a salad for lunch. | She makes her own pasta.Make or cook?When talking about meals such as breakfast, lunch or dinner, you usually use make.When you use cook, the focus is on heating food, usually in a pan, so that it is ready to eat.You can use make about foods that do not need heat, such as salads or sandwiches. preparemeal | food | dish | vegetables | sauce to get a meal or a kind of food ready to eat. Prepare is more formal than make: She had prepared a delicious meal for them. | The dish takes a long time to prepare. | Anna was in the kitchen preparing vegetables. | You can easily prepare a white sauce by melting the butter in a pan, then adding the flour. fix AmE informalmeal | something to eat | breakfast | lunch | dinner | supper | sandwich to make a meal quickly: I’ll fix us something to eat. | When I get home, I fix dinner and watch TV. | Mom fixed me a sandwich. rustle up informalmeal | breakfast | supper to cook a meal or dish quickly using whatever is available: The book tells you how to rustle up an inexpensive meal in a few minutes. | If friends arrived unexpectedly, could you rustle up some supper? | I’m not sure what we have in the fridge, but I’m sure I can rustle something up.different ways of cooking something bakebread | cake | pie | potato | fish | apple to cook food in an oven: She bakes her own bread. | I ordered baked potato topped with cheese. roastturkey | chicken | beef | pork | meat | potato to cook meat in an oven, usually in its own juice. You can also roast potatoes in an oven, often using the juices from the meat: Roast the meat for 20 minutes. | Roast the potatoes in a hot oven.Don’t say roasted potatoes/beef/chicken. Say roast potatoes/beef/chicken. fryvegetables | onion | mushroom | egg | bacon | chicken | rice to cook food in hot oil or fat in a pan: First of all, fry an onion in some olive oil. | I ordered fried eggs. sautévegetables | potato | onion | mushroom | chicken | beef to fry vegetables or meat for a short time in a small amount of butter or oil: Sauté the mushrooms for two minutes. | I had sautéed chicken and rice. stir-fryvegetables | beef | chicken | prawns | noodles to fry small pieces of food while moving them around continuously: The prawns were served with stir-fried vegetables and noodles. deep fryvegetables | fish | prawns to cook food under the surface of hot oil or fat: The vegetables are dipped in batter and then deep fried. grillcheese | chicken | meat | steak | fish | vegetables | onion | tomato to cook food over or under strong heat: I’ll have a grilled cheese sandwich. | Grill the tomatoes until they turn brown. broil AmEchicken | fish | beef | steak to cook food under heat, especially fish or chicken: They have the best broiled chicken in town. boilegg | potato | rice to cook food in very hot water: He doesn’t even know how to boil an egg. | The dish was served with boiled potatoes. steamvegetables | rice | couscous to cook food using steam: Steam the vegetables until they are tender. poachegg | fish | pear to cook food slowly in hot water, wine, or milk: We had poached eggs on toast. | You can poach the pears in white wine. barbecuechicken | fish | beef | ribs to cook food on a metal frame over a fire outdoors: Most American restaurants serve barbecued chicken. | They barbecued the fish on a grill. microwave to cook food in a microwave oven: Food that has been microwaved is often very hot in the middle.
verb | noun
cook2 /kʊk/ noun someone who prepares and cooks foodadjectivesa good cook My mother is a very good cook.a great/excellent/fantastic cook Thanks for a lovely meal – you’re an excellent cook.a bad/terrible cook I admit I’m a terrible cook.a professional cook (=someone who cooks as their job) These knives are used by professional cooks.an amateur cook (=someone who cooks for their family or for fun, not as their job) The book has lots of advice for the amateur cook. Don’t say He is a good cooker. Say He is a good cook.THESAURUS: cook chef a professional cook, especially one who works in a restaurant or hotel: The head chef at the hotel is from France. | The restaurant is owned by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay (=a well-known chef who often appears on television).
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 10:32:19