请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 fumes
释义
fumes /fjuːmz/ noun strong-smelling gas or smokeadjectives/nouns + fumestoxic/noxious/poisonous fumes (=fumes that can harm or kill you) Clouds of toxic fumes were coming from a nearby chemical factory. | The firemen wear special masks to protect themselves from noxious fumes.traffic/exhaust fumes The streets are full of traffic fumes.factory fumes You can smell the factory fumes as soon as you get near the city.gas fumes (=from petrol in cars, or from heaters etc that use gas) Walking means you’re not adding gas fumes to the air. | Gas fumes are a serious risk in old houses.petrol/diesel fumes BrE There was a strong smell of petrol fumes inside the car.paint fumes A strong smell of paint fumes filled the studio.verbsgive off fumes (=produce them) Burning plastic gives off poisonous fumes.breathe (in) fumes also inhale fumes formal When I’m on my bike I don’t like breathing in car exhaust fumes.be overcome by fumes (=become extremely sick or unconscious from breathing in fumes) Two employees at a plastics company were overcome by fumes and taken to the hospital.be exposed to fumes People who are exposed to fumes from common household cleaning products are more likely to develop asthma.prepositionsfumes from sth He died after inhaling poisonous fumes from a stove.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 11:01:39