请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 coat
释义
coat /kəʊt $ koʊt/ noun a piece of clothing with buttons and long sleeves that is worn over your other clothesadjectivesa warm coat You’d better bring a warm coat.a heavy/thick coat She was wearing a heavy coat and a thick scarf.a light coat (=a thin coat) I took a light coat in case the weather got cooler in the evening.a long coat He was wearing a long black coat.a leather/fur etc coat She was wearing a fake fur coat.a waterproof coat I took my walking boots and a waterproof coat.a white coat (=worn by medical or laboratory staff to protect their clothes) The hospital doctors all wore white coats.nouns + coata winter coat You need a good winter coat in Canada.a morning coat (=a formal coat that men sometimes wear for weddings) The picture shows him dressed in his morning coat.Raincoat, overcoat (=a long warm coat worn in cold weather), and greatcoat (=a big thick coat worn by soldiers) are written as one word.verbswear a coat The men wore long coats.put on your coat also pull on your coat written Mark stood up and put on his coat.take off your coat also remove your coat formal She took off her coat and went into the kitchen.button (up)/do up your coat She shivered as she buttoned up her coat.unbutton/undo your coat He was hot, so he undid his coat.hang up your coat We hung up our coats and went through to the lounge.When telling someone to put their coat on, people often say Get your coat on.coat + nounssb’s coat pocket I thought my wallet was in my coat pocket.sb’s coat sleeve/collar The little boy was pulling at his mother’s coat sleeve.a coat hook (=for hanging a coat on a wall) There are some coat hooks in the hall.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:46:55