请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 clumsy
释义
clumsy /ˈklʌmzi/ adjective (clumsierclumsiest) not doing something skilfully, or moving in a careless way so that you break or drop things: She was very clumsy and was always walking into doors. A clumsy waiter spilled wine all over her new skirt.nounsa clumsy attempt to do sth He made a clumsy attempt to catch the ball.clumsy fingers With clumsy fingers he took out a pack of cigarettes and tried to light one.clumsy movement A clumsy movement of her hand knocked the glass onto the floor.clumsy handling of sth The government was criticized for its clumsy handling of the dispute.phrasesit was clumsy of sb/how clumsy of sb I'm sorry I knocked over your drink - it was really clumsy of me.THESAURUS: clumsy awkwardteenager moving in a way that does not seem relaxed or comfortable: When we first met I was a shy awkward teenager. | Her husband always looked a bit awkward when he was dancing. | I sometimes feel awkward when I'm on stage. ungainlybird | animal | manner moving in a way that is not graceful – used especially about people or things that are big: The ostrich is rather an ungainly bird. | She collapsed into the chair in an ungainly manner. uncoordinated not able to control your movements very well, and therefore not very good at physical activities: When she first starting playing tennis, her movements were slow and uncoordinated. accident-prone often having accidents: I was very accident-prone as a child and was always having to go to hospital. be all fingers and thumbs BrE informal be all thumbs AmE informal to be unable to control your fingers very well, so that you cannot do something: “Do you want some help unwrapping that?” “Yes please, I’m all fingers and thumbs today.”THESAURUS: clumsy careless
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:43:35