请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 deed
释义
deed /diːd/ noun something someone does, especially something that is very good or very badadjectivesa good deed He did many good deeds without expecting any kind of reward.a heroic/brave/noble deed Hercules was a strong courageous hero who was known for his strength and his heroic deeds.a great deed She has ambitions to do great deeds in her life.an evil/wicked deed The man will be punished for his evil deeds.a dastardly deed (=a wicked deed – often used humorously) The book is full of tales of pirates and their dastardly deeds.a dirty deed (=a bad thing that is done secretly) The management get him to do their dirty deeds, such as firing people.verbsdo a deed Some people choose to do a good deed because it makes them feel better.perform a deed formal (=do a deed) The award is given to people who perform heroic deeds, such as saving someone’s life.Deed is a rather old-fashioned sounding word, used especially about brave things that people did in the past. Nowadays it is mostly used in the phrase your good deed for the day, which is a rather humorous expression, used when someone has done something kind and helpful: I’ve made the dinner and washed the dishes – I’ve done my good deed for the day.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:27:00