请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 chicken
释义
chicken /ˈtʃɪkən, ˈtʃɪkɪn/ noun 1. a common farm bird that is kept for its meat and eggsverbs + chickenkeep/raise chickens More and more city-dwellers are keeping chickens.feed the chickens I’m going out to feed the chickens.chicken + verbsa chicken lays eggs The chickens lay their eggs every morning.a chicken clucks (=it makes the noise that chickens make) The chickens started clucking as she approached with their food.a chicken pecks Chickens pecked in the dusty yard.a chicken roosts (=it rests or sleeps) He built a little hut for the chickens to roost.2. the meat from a bird that is kept for its meat and eggsadjectivesfresh chicken (=recently killed and not frozen) Is the chicken fresh?free-range chicken (=from a chicken that moved around outside and ate naturally) All the chicken we serve is free-range.roast chicken (=cooked in an oven) For dinner we’re having roast chicken.fried chicken (=cooked in oil) They filled their plates with fried chicken.grilled chicken BrE broiled chicken AmE (=cooked under heat) I think I’ll have the grilled chicken and a salad.barbecued chicken (=cooked over a flame or hot coals)organic chicken (=reared and fed without using chemicals to kill insects etc)skinless chicken (=with the skin removed) For this recipe, you will need a two pounds of skinless chicken pieces.verbscook (a) chicken Cook the pieces of chicken in olive oil.roast (a) chicken I’ll roast a chicken and we can have it cold tomorrow.stuff a chicken (=put things to flavour it inside its body when cooking) My mother used to stuff the chicken with half a lemon.carve a chicken (=cut a cooked chicken into slices) Will you carve the chicken?chicken + nounschicken breast/thigh/wing Chop the chicken breast into pieces.chicken drumsticks/legs I’ll make some chicken drumsticks for the party.chicken pieces (=the breasts, legs, thighs, or wings of a chicken) Place the chicken pieces in the oven on a baking tray.chicken nuggets (=small pieces of fried chicken) The kids want chicken nuggets and fries.chicken soup/broth You’ll feel better after a nice bowl of chicken soup.chicken salad I love chicken salad.a chicken sandwich I had a chicken sandwich for lunch.a chicken pie Mum was baking a chicken pie.phrasesa piece of chicken Would you like another piece of chicken?
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 8:50:45