请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 train
释义
train /treɪn/ noun a set of carriages pulled along a railway line by an engineadjectives/nouns + trainan express train (=one that does not stop at many places) There are express trains to the airport every 20 minutes.a slow train also a stopping train BrE (=one that stops at a lot of places) We got on the stopping train by mistake and it took hours to get home.a direct train (=one that goes somewhere directly, so you do not have to change trains) There’s no direct train to Berlin – you’ll have to change at Hamburg.an earlier/later train Can’t you get an earlier train?the first/last train They missed the last train home and had to stay in a hotel. | The first train leaves at 5.30 a.m.the 2 o’clock/5.23 etc train You could get the 3.21 train to Brighton.the overnight train (=that travels through the night) Edward had arrived on the overnight train and was very tired.a passenger train (=for transporting people, not goods) The tunnel is for passenger trains.a freight train also a goods train BrE (=for transporting goods, not people) The freight train was carrying hazardous chemicals.a commuter train (=that people going to work use) The crash involved two crowded commuter trains.a subway train (=one that goes under the ground in a city) The subway trains run all night.a tube/underground train (=one that goes under London) Tube trains get very hot in the summer.a steam train (=powered using steam) Railway enthusiasts have the opportunity to take a nostalgic trip on a steam train.verbs + traingo by train The quickest way is to go by train.take/get/catch a train I took the first train home.get on a train also board a train formal At the next station, a few more passengers boarded the train.get off a train She got off the train in Paris.change trains (=get off one train and onto another) You’ll have to change trains in Paris.wait for a train Sarah spent half an hour waiting for a train.miss a train (=be too late to get on it) I just missed the last train.train + verbstrains run (=take people from one place to another at fixed times) Trains run from Victoria station every few minutes.a train arrives The train arrived on time.a train leaves also a train departs formal This train will depart in five minutes.a train pulls into/out of a station (=arrives at a station or leaves a station) The train pulled into the station and I got off.a train terminates somewhere (=ends its journey there) All trains will terminate in Oxford.a train derails/is derailed (=comes off the rails) Most of the passengers escaped injury when their train was derailed.train + nounsa train journey BrE a train trip AmE They were not looking forward to the long train journey.a train ticket/fare How much is the train fare to Derby?a train driver The train driver apologized for the late departure.a train crash also a train wreck AmE Ten people were killed in the train crash.a train station I’ll meet you at the train station.a train timetable BrE a train schedule AmE According to the train timetable, the next train is due in five minutes.a train set (=a toy train with railway tracks) A little boy was playing with his train set.prepositionsa train to/for sth Is this the train for Birmingham?a train from sth Betty arrived on the train from Boston.on a train He called me to say he was on the train.by train We decided to go by train. Don’t say go by the train or travel by the train. Say go by train or travel by train.phrasesa train is due (=it is expected to arrive) The next train is due in 11 minutes.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:23:55