请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 breathe
释义
breathe /briːð/ verb to take air into your lungs and send it out againadverbsbreathe deeply (=take long slow breaths of air) She breathed deeply in the cool night air.breathe heavily/hard (=breathe loudly, especially after exercise) He was breathing hard by the time he reached the top of the hill.breathe fast/rapidly (=breathe quickly because of illness, fear etc) I noticed that Freddie was breathing rapidly just before he fainted.breathe slowly Breathe slowly and try to relax.breathe softly/gently His wife lay next to him, breathing softly.breathe steadily/evenly/regularly He forced himself to breathe steadily and remain calm.breathe normally/properly The patient said that he felt a sharp pain in his chest and was unable to breathe normally.breathe easily Sucking a mint may help you breathe more easily when you have a cold.nounsbreathe (in) some air It was wonderful to be outside and breathe some fresh air.breathe (in) fumes (=breathe harmful gas or smoke) These children are breathing traffic fumes all day long.prepositions/adverbsbreathe in (=take air into your lungs) It felt good to breathe in some country air.breathe out (=send air out) Breathe out slowly, and relax.phrasescan/cannot breathe He held her so tight that she could not breathe.can hardly breathe (=breathe with great difficulty) It was so hot that I felt as though I could hardly breathe.breathe through your nose/mouth This cold makes it hard to breathe through my nose. | Whales breathe through a blowhole in the top of their head.have trouble/difficulty breathing also struggle to breathe In high altitudes some people have trouble breathing. | The crowd pressed in around me and I struggled to breathe.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 13:51:16