请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 rude
释义
rude /ruːd/ adjective speaking or behaving in a way that is not polite and is likely to offend or annoy peopleadverbsextremely/incredibly rude The woman at the hotel desk was incredibly rude.downright/plain rude (=extremely rude in a shocking way) Mahoney had changed from being helpful to being downright rude.rather/somewhat/a little rude Sorry if I was a little rude to you the other day.nounsa rude remark/comment They kept making rude remarks about his stomach.rude behaviour BrE rude behavior AmE He wanted to apologize for his rude behaviour.a rude man/boy/woman etc He’s the rudest man I’ve ever met.verbsseem/sound/appear rude It seems rude not to ask her to the party.sth is considered rude It is considered rather rude to talk and eat at the same time.prepositionsrude to sb Why are you so rude to her?phrasesit is rude to do sth It’s rude to stare at people.not mean to be rude/not wish to appear rude I didn’t mean to be rude, but I had to leave early.THESAURUS: rude impolite/not polite not following the rules of good social behaviour. Impolite sounds rather formal: It is impolite to stare. | It’s not polite to talk with your mouth full of food. | He never talks with respect. He is always impolite. cheeky BrEgrin | expression | boy | girl | child behaving in a way that is a little rude, especially when this is amusing or annoying – used especially about children: The boy had a cheeky grin on his face and I wondered what he was planning to do next. | Let go of my hand, you cheeky monkey! (=cheeky child) | "Whatever you say, Grandma." "Don't be cheeky." sassy AmEgirl behaving in a way that is a little rude, especially when this is amusing or annoying – used about a young person: Rai described her character as a sassy girl who wants to be one of the guys. US speakers also use smart in this meaning: Don't get smart with me! tactlessremark | question | saying things that are likely to upset or embarrass someone, without intending to: He made a number of tactless remarks about her weight. | Lydia suddenly felt full of regret. It was so obviously a tactless question. | It was a cruel, tactless thing to say. | It was tactless of me. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. | How could you be so tactless? offensiveremark | comment | behaviour | attitude speaking or behaving in a way that is likely to upset or offend a group of people, for example women or people who belong to a particular race or religion: His remarks are offensive to African-Americans. | I found her comments about men deeply offensive (=very offensive).Offensive language contains swear words: There's too much offensive language on TV these days. insultingremark | comment | language | behaviour very offensive: His comments are insulting to women. | The article was full of insulting language. | I find it insulting to be addressed as Mrs D. Patterson (D being my husband's initial.) discourteous /dɪsˈkɜːtiəs $ -ɜːr-/ formal rather rude: Men drive too fast and are often very discourteous to other drivers. | He did not wish to appear discourteous towards his host. | It was discourteous of him not to have informed Bjorn of his decision. | It would seem discourteous to refuse her offer.Discourteous is often used when talking about being careful not to be rude to someone. disrespectful not showing the proper respect for someone or something: I felt her comments were disrespectful to all the people who have worked so hard on this project. | She accused him of being disrespectful towards his parents. ill-mannered also bad-mannered not following the usual rules of polite behaviour in social situations - a rather formal use: It seems bad-mannered to leave without saying goodbye. | Ill-mannered movie-goers talked throughout the entire picture. | Many young men these days look badly dressed and are ill-mannered. impertinent formalquestion | request not showing a proper respect for someone, especially by asking someone something that you should not ask, especially because it is about something personal: Are you married? I'm sorry if that is an impertinent question. | Would it be impertinent to ask how old you are? | You are being stupid and impertinent - you're beginning to irritate me. insolent formalstare | grin | child behaving in a way that is deliberately very rude to someone in authority: The girl’s only response was an insolent stare. | "Don't be insolent," the teacher snapped. "Get back to your desk." impudent formalsmile | grin | remark | child rude, and having no respect for people who are older or more important: The boy gave an impudent smile. | You must learn not to be impudent to the Master. irreverentattitude | humour | tone | look showing a lack of respect for someone or something who people are supposed to respect – used especially about humorous programmes, films etc: Some people found the film rather shocking, because of its irreverent attitude to death. | He has a rather irreverent sense of humour. | The programme takes an irreverent look at the week’s events.ANTONYMS polite
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:38:54