请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 paper
释义
paper /ˈpeɪpə $ -ər/ noun 1. material in the form of thin sheets that is used for writing on, wrapping things etcadjectives/nouns + paperwriting paper Can you fetch me a piece of writing paper and a pen?plain paper (=with nothing written or printed on it) The package was wrapped in plain brown paper.wrapping paper (=paper for wrapping presents) He carefully removed the wrapping paper from his present.lined paper (=printed with horizontal lines, for writing) a note written on lined papertissue paper (=very thin soft paper used for wrapping things) All the clothes were wrapped in tissue paper.waste paper/wastepaper About 25,000 tons of waste paper are collected each year.recycled paper (=paper made from waste paper) The envelopes are made from 100 percent recycled paper.Notepaper is usually written as one word.paper + nounsa paper bag He was carrying his lunch in a brown paper bag.a paper towel/napkin/serviette She wiped up the spilt juice with a paper towel.paper money The wedding guests give the bride and groom paper money.phrasesa piece of paper Can I have another piece of paper?a sheet of paper Each recipe was written down on a separate sheet of paper.a scrap/slip of paper (=a small piece) He scribbled Pamela’s address on a scrap of paper.a pad of paper (=many sheets of paper fixed together at one edge) Chris took out a pad of paper and started writing.pen and paper Some writers still prefer to use pen and paper, not computers.put/get sth down on paper (=write it down) He is putting a few thoughts down on paper.2. a newspaperadjectives/nouns + papera local paper You could try putting an advert in the local paper.a national paper The story had been in all the national papers.a daily paper Which of these daily papers do you usually read?a Sunday paper I only get a Sunday paper if I’ve got lots of spare time.an evening paper Ian usually buys an evening paper on his way home.a tabloid paper (=one with small pages, especially one without much serious news) Don’t believe everything you read in the tabloid papers.a broadsheet paper (=one with large pages, usually one containing serious news) Tabloid newspapers are usually about half the size of a broadsheet paper.a quality paper BrE (=one intended for educated readers) Readers of quality papers, such as the Telegraph and the Guardian, are mainly employed in professional jobs.paper + nounsa paper boy/girl (=a boy or girl who delivers newspapers) The paper boy was late this morning.a paper shop BrE She works in the paper shop in Deanery Street.prepositionsin the paper I read a review of the movie in the paper.Paper or newspaper?In everyday English, paper is much more common than newspaper. In some cases, though, you can only use one of these words.For example, you say a paper boy/girl, or a paper shop. (You do not use ‘newspaper’ in these phrases.)You say a newspaper article, a newspaper headline, and a newspaper editor. (You do not use ‘paper’ in these phrases.)3. a piece of writing or a talk on a particular subject by someone who has made a study of itadjectives/nouns + papera scientific/academic paper He has written six scientific papers on the topic of bird calls.a research paper I am writing a research paper on German names.a joint paper (=by two or more people) The result of their collaboration was a joint paper published in 1981.an influential/seminal paper (=one that is considered to be very important) He published numerous influential papers on evolution.verbs + paperwrite a paper He has written several papers on the subject.give/present a paper (=give a talk) She gave a paper on Dickens’s early works at a conference in Minneapolis.publish a paper The paper was published in the journal ‘Nature’.submit a paper (=ask an academic magazine to publish it) We submitted our paper to three journals.paper + verbsa paper examines/explores/describes etc sth This paper examines how attitudes to the environment have changed.a paper suggests sth The paper suggests several possible reasons for the decline.prepositionsa paper on sth She is the author of a paper on the behaviour of bees.in a paper He gives several examples in his paper.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:41:33