请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 liquid
释义
liquid /ˈlɪkwəd, ˈlɪkwɪd/ noun a substance that is not a solid or a gas, for example water or milkadjectivesa hot/cold liquid Be careful when dealing with hot liquids.a clear liquid We were offered a clear liquid that looked like water.a dark liquid He put a glass of dark liquid in her hand.a red/brown/golden etc liquid The red liquid in the thermometer shows the temperature.a sweet liquid I drank a mouthful of the sweet liquid.a colourless liquid BrE a colorless liquid AmE The liquid was colourless and had no smell.a thick liquid She stirred the thick liquid in the saucepan.a sticky liquid also a viscous liquid formal I felt as if I was trying to wade through a viscous liquid.a flammable liquid (=one that burns easily) A truck carrying flammable liquids was involved in the crash.verbs + liquidpour a liquid The chef poured the liquid into a bowl.drink/swallow a liquid He put the glass to his lips and drank the liquid.strain a liquid (=pour it through something to remove solid parts) Strain the liquid through a sieve.sth absorbs a liquid Cook the sauce until all of the liquid has been absorbed.liquid + verbsa liquid flows The liquid flowed down the pipe.a liquid oozes (=flows slowly because it is thick) A red liquid oozed over the floor.a liquid drips (=it falls in small drops) The brown liquid dripped down his shirt.Fluid is used as a more formal word for liquid, especially in medical and technical contexts: Drink plenty of clear fluids. The car was leaking brake fluid.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 11:27:53