请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 meet
释义
meet /miːt/ verb to go to a place where someone will be at a particular time, according to an arrangement, so that you can talk or do something togetherprepositionsmeet (sb) at 6 o'clock/12.30 etc Meet me at 8.00.meet (sb) for lunch/dinner etc Why don’t we meet for lunch on Friday?meet (sb) outside/in front of/ by sth etc We arranged to meet outside the theatre. | I’ll meet you by the main reception desk.THESAURUS: meet get together informal to meet with a group of people, in order to do something together: At Christmas the whole family gets together. | Why don’t we all get together and go out for a drink? come together if people come together, they meet in order to discuss things, exchange ideas etc: Goldman persuaded the heads of the groups to come together and discuss the issue. meet up informal if friends meet up, they meet in order to do something together: We must meet up some time. | Why don’t I meet up with you for lunch? gather if people gather somewhere, they come together in the same place in order to do something or see something: Fans have started to gather outside the stadium. | Angry crowds gathered in front of the US embassy. assemble formal if people assemble somewhere, they all come and stand together in the same place, especially as part of an officially arranged plan: If the fire alarm rings, please assemble in the parking lot. | The students began to assemble in the main hall.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:33:36