请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 article
释义
article /ˈɑːtɪkəl $ ˈɑːr-/ noun a piece of writing about a particular subject in a newspaper or magazineadjectives/nouns + articlea newspaper/magazine article I saw a newspaper article about the college. | The couple talked frankly about their joy at having a new baby in a magazine article published yesterday.a good/excellent article I read a good article about him in ‘The Observer’.an interesting article There was an interesting article on building your own home.a thought-provoking article (=one that is interesting because it makes you think) I don’t agree with everything she says, but it certainly is a thought-provoking article.a long/short article She wrote a short article for the school newspaper.a recent article In a recent article in the Times, she accuses the government of hypocrisy.a front-page article They published a front-page article about the scandal.the leading/lead article (=the main article) The paper’s leading article described the government as weak.a feature article (=a special article, usually over several pages) There’s a feature article on women business leaders.an in-depth article (=which contains a lot of information about someone or something) There was an in-depth article about the origins of the war.verbsread/see an article Did you see the article about him in ‘The Independent’?write an article also do an article informal ‘The Times’ asked him to do an article on the election.publish/carry/run an article (=print it in a newspaper or magazine) The magazine carried an article on the dangers of being overweight.an article appears somewhere The article appeared in a local paper.prepositionsan article on/about sth an article on environmental issuesan article by sb I enjoyed that article by the mayor of New York.in an article In a recent article, she described herself as ‘madly in love’.THESAURUS: article story an article in a newspaper about something that has happened, or something that someone has done: There was a front-page story about her affair with him. | I read a newspaper story about the crash. | The local paper ran a story (=published a story) about the two boys. piece a short article in a newspaper or magazine: I’ve written a couple of pieces for the New York Times magazine. | The piece was first published in the Observer. feature a special article about a particular subject, often with photographs and continuing for several pages: They had a special feature on China. | The paper did a big feature on growing your own food. review an article in a newspaper or magazine about a book, play, product, hotel etc, giving someone’s opinion of it: Did you see the review of the movie? | The play had rave reviews (=people liked it a lot – an informal use). column an article by a particular writer that appears regularly in a newspaper or magazine: He has a weekly column in ‘The Times’. | She writes a newspaper column on gardening. editorial a piece of writing in a newspaper that gives the personal opinion of the editor about something that is in the news: The newspaper published an editorial criticizing the government's economic policy. | The war was a mistake, the paper said in an editorial. cutting BrE clipping AmE an article that has been cut from a newspaper or magazine: His mother has kept all his old press cuttings from when he started his career as an actor.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 8:22:31