请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 ignorant
释义
ignorant AC /ˈɪɡnərənt/ adjective not knowing facts or information that you ought to knowadverbstotally/completely/wholly ignorant He is totally ignorant of the facts.blissfully ignorant (=happy because you do not know about something unpleasant) Many people remain blissfully ignorant about the dangers of too much sun.largely ignorant (=ignorant about most of something) Her mother was largely ignorant of the situation.woefully/grossly ignorant disapproving (=used when you are very shocked that someone does not know about something) People are woefully ignorant of other cultures.wilfully ignorant disapproving (=deliberately not trying to find out about something) Politicians seem wilfully ignorant about the effects of the war on ordinary people’s lives.verbsremain ignorant There are still many people who remain ignorant of their rights.keep sb ignorant Anna had been kept ignorant about her father’s poor health.prepositionsignorant of/about sth As a city girl, I was completely ignorant about country life. | Historians are often rather ignorant of economics.THESAURUS: ignorant unaware not realising that a situation exists or that something is true. Unaware is more neutral than ignorant: She was unaware that the car was missing from her garage. | James seemed completely unaware of the seriousness of the problem. | The women are blissfully unaware of the world outside their homes (=happy because you do not realise something). innocent lacking experience about life and the world, and the bad things that can happen: She was so lovely, so young, so innocent, and she had such courage. | The little boy looked at me with his big innocent eyes. naive lacking knowledge about life, so that you trust people too much and are too willing to believe what they say: She said she loved him, and he was naive enough to believe her. | Who would be so naive as to believe such a story? | I had only just left school and I was incredibly naive about such matters. | They were young and politically naive, and believed that they could create a society in which everyone was equal. uninformed if you are uninformed about something, you have not been told about it, or you lack the knowledge to make judgements about it: Company executives remain largely uninformed about new technologies and business methods. | He dismissed their comments as uninformed criticism. | To the uninformed observer, the two pots look identical.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:22:54