请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 mirror
释义
mirror /ˈmɪrə $ -ər/ noun a piece of special glass that you can see yourself inverbslook (at sb) in the mirror She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.see sth in the mirror Do you like what you see in the mirror?glance in the mirror/take a look in the mirror (=look quickly) I didn’t even have time to glance in the mirror before I left the house.stare into the mirror He stared into the mirror that hung above the mantelpiece.be reflected in a mirror The candles were reflected in the mirror over the fireplace.check your mirror (=when driving) Check your mirrors before you pull out into the road.admire yourself/your reflection in the mirror He’s so vain – he’s always admiring himself in the mirror.adjectives/nouns + mirrorthe bathroom/bedroom/hall mirror I wiped the steam off the bathroom mirror.a shaving mirror He stared at his face in the shaving mirror.a wall mirror Above the cabinet was an antique wall mirror.the dressing-table mirror She blow-dried her hair in front of the dressing-table mirror.a hand mirror (=a small mirror you hold in your hand) She took a hand mirror from her purse.a long mirror She stood admiring her reflection in the long mirror.a full-length mirror (=one that shows the whole of a person) She checked her appearance in the full-length mirror behind the door.the rearview mirror also the driving mirror BrE (=the mirror in a car that lets the driver see what is straight behind them) He kept looking nervously in the rearview mirror.the wing mirror BrE the side-view mirror AmE (=a mirror on the side of a car that lets the driver see what is behind them) I saw Tweed glance again in the wing mirror.a one-way/two-way mirror (=a mirror that you can see through from the other side) Through a one-way mirror the researchers observed the mothers with their babies.a convex/concave mirror (=one that curves outwards or inwards) The convex mirror made people’s faces look very strange.prepositionsin the mirror He examined his face in the mirror.in front of the mirror She spends hours in front of the mirror every morning.phrasesa reflection/image in a mirror I frowned at my reflection in the mirror.a look/glance in the mirror With a last glance in the mirror she went to answer the door.catch sight of yourself in the mirror As she went out, she caught sight of herself in the mirror by the door.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 13:46:21