请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 heater
释义
heater /ˈhiːtə $ -ər/ noun a machine for making air or water hotteradjectives/nouns + heateran electric heater There is a small electric heater in the corner of the room.a gas/oil heater Old gas heaters can be dangerous and you need to have them checked regularly.a kerosene heater also a paraffin heater BrE He warmed himself in front of the paraffin heater.a water heater (=that heats the water you use for washing) The water heater is broken so we have to wash in cold water.a fan heater The central heating broke, so we borrowed fan heaters from friends.a room heater All the room heaters can be switched off by remote control.a wall heater One tiny wall heater is not enough to heat such a big room.an immersion heater BrE (=an electric heater that provides hot water for a house) He can’t afford hot water, except twice a week when he puts on his immersion heater for a bath.a storage heater BrE (=a heater than stores heat at times when electricity is cheaper, for example at night) We decided to have storage heaters installed.verbsturn on/off the heater I turned the heater on and waited for the car to warm up.switch on/off the heater Did you remember to switch off the electric heater?turn up/down the heater (=make it hotter or cooler) It’s getting hot in here – I think I’ll turn the heater down. | He turned up the heater, but still couldn’t get warm.the heater is on/off (=it is working/not working) Are the heaters all on? It’s freezing in here.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:46:29