请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 happy
释义
happy /ˈhæpi/ adjective having feelings of pleasure, for example because something good has happened to you or you are very satisfied with your lifeverbsbe/feel happy It’s a lovely house and we’ve been very happy here. | I’ve never felt happier in my life.look happy They looked so happy and proud of their son.make sb happy I loved her and thought I could make her happy.nounsa happy ending The story has a happy ending and the baby bear finds his mother again.a happy man/woman/couple/family If we win, I’ll be a very happy man. | The happy couple will spend their honeymoon in New Zealand.a happy face/smile I looked around at the happy faces of the children.a happy child/boy/girl Nigel was a happy boy with lots of friends.a happy childhood/marriage Although we were poor, we had a very happy childhood in many ways.a happy time/occasion/experience Floyd’s farm was a place where I spent many happy times. | It was a colourful and happy occasion as guests met with graduates, staff, and friends of the University.a happy life We hope you have a long and happy life together.a happy home She is fortunate to have found such a wonderfully happy home.happy memories The film brought back many happy memories.happy birthday/Christmas/New Year (=used as a greeting on someone’s birthday, at Christmas etc) I wanted to wish you a very happy birthday.the happy news (=often used when someone has a new baby or is going to have one) She couldn’t wait to tell her friends the happy news.the happy couple (=often used about two people who have just got married.) The happy couple are planning to buy a house together.prepositionshappy with sth (=used especially when saying someone is satisfied) I’m happy with the situation.happy about sth When I talked to her about the idea, she seemed very happy about it.happy for sb I’m so happy for you both.happy in your job/work/marriage/life He is happy in his job and has no intention of leaving.adverbsblissfully/deliriously happy (=extremely happy) Ronni had never been so deliriously happy in her life.perfectly happy (=completely happy and not wanting anything to change) I’m perfectly happy here – I don’t want to move.fairly/reasonably happy (=fairly satisfied) He was reasonably happy with his performance in the competition.genuinely happy She seemed genuinely happy to be there.phraseshappy as can be/happy as anything especially spoken (=extremely happy) His parents are as happy as can be.THESAURUS: happy cheerfulvoice | smile | face | expression | manner | mood | atmosphere | woman | man | room | place | colour looking or sounding happy: “Great to see you!” he said in a cheerful voice. | “I’m Robyn,” she said with a cheerful smile. “Pleased to meet you.” | It was the end of term and everyone was in a cheerful mood. | Mrs Johnson was a cheerful woman with enormous energy. | The room was painted in bright cheerful colours. | He seems a lot more cheerful today. contentedsmile | expression | silence | sigh | mood | man | woman | baby | cat feeling happy with your life, job, situation etc. Contented sounds a little formal and is mainly used in written English: There was a contented smile on the little boy’s face. | She sat down with a contented expression on her face. | They sat for a few minutes in contented silence. | The old man was in a contented mood after eating a very large lunch. | He was a contented man, with a good wife and a prosperous farm. | Haverford looked like a particularly contented baby at feeding-time. | She was contented with her job at the university.Contented or content?You can also use content to mean “satisfied with your life”: Henry was happy and if he was content, so was Diana. However, usually content means that someone does not want to do anything else, or have anything else: He was content to just sit back and wait. The team had to be content with second place. pleased/glad happy because something good has happened: I’m pleased I passed my exam. | He was glad to see someone that he knew.Pleased and glad are not usually used before a noun.If someone seems happy, you can also say that he or she is in a good mood.very happy delighted very happy because something good has happened: The doctors say they are delighted with her progress. thrilled very happy and excited about something: He’s thrilled at the idea of going to Disneyworld. overjoyed very happy because you have heard some good news: She was overjoyed when she found out that her son was safe.Delighted, thrilled, and overjoyed are not used before a noun. ecstaticfans | crowd | welcome | review extremely happy and feeling very excited: The crowd were ecstatic, and cheered wildly. | The singer received an ecstatic welcome when he arrived at the airport. | The play received ecstatic reviews. | The coach said he was simply ecstatic about yesterday’s result. blissfulsmile | weeks | hours extremely happy, especially because something gives you a lot of pleasure: The man lay asleep, a blissful smile on his face. | For two blissful weeks we explored the islands. | They were alone together for three blissful hours. | It sounded blissful – sea, sun, and good food.If someone is extremely happy because something good has happened, you can say that he or she is on top of the world or over the moon: I was over the moon when I found out that I’d passed my exam.ANTONYMS sad
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 16:26:56