请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 dislike
释义
verb | noun
dislike1 /dɪsˈlaɪk/ verb to think someone or something is unpleasant and not like themadverbsstrongly/heartily dislike Many people strongly dislike being contradicted.particularly dislike He was not fond of fish, and particularly disliked shellfish.instinctively dislike (=without thinking about why) Parents instinctively dislike the government telling them how to raise their children.dislike sb/sth intensely (=very strongly) She had to work with a man who she disliked intensely.be widely/generally disliked (=by many people) As a leader, he was widely disliked.THESAURUS: dislike not like to not like someone or something: Why did you invite Claire? You know I don’t like her. | I don’t really like getting up in the morning when it’s dark.Not like or dislike?Dislike is stronger than not like, and is used especially in written English. not be very keen on sth informal also not be very fond of sth especially BrE used to say that you do not like something, but in a polite or gentle way: I’m not very keen on Chinese food. | She’s never been very fond of his books. not think much of sb/sth to not like someone or something because you do not have a good opinion of them: We’ve tried that restaurant twice and we don’t think much of it. | I worked with him last year and I didn’t think much of him. not be sb’s kind of thing also not be sb’s cup of tea informal to not be the kind of thing you enjoy – used about activities, films, books etc: Detective stories aren’t really my kind of thing. go off sb/sth BrE informal to stop liking someone or something that you used to like: Dan and I went out together for six months and then I just went off him. put sb off sb/sth BrE to make you stop liking someone or something: I was terrible at sport at school and it totally put me off doing any kind of exercise.ANTONYMS like
verb | noun
dislike2 /dɪsˈlaɪk, ˈdɪslaɪk/ noun a feeling of not liking someone or somethingadjectivesa deep/strong/great dislike He took a strong dislike to his piano teacher.an intense/violent dislike She has an intense dislike of the media.a hearty dislike (=a very strong dislike) Doctors have a hearty dislike of this kind of advertising, which encourages people to eat unhealthy food.a personal dislike I allowed my personal dislike of the man to influence my decision.initial dislike Margaret had made some effort to overcome an initial dislike of Louise.mutual dislike Their mutual dislike is well known.a visceral dislike formal (=a very strong dislike that does not change) Many people had a visceral dislike of him as a leader.verbshave a dislike of/for sb/sth I have a particular dislike of modern jazz.feel dislike of/for sb/sth I don’t feel any dislike for him – we’re just very different.take a dislike to sb/sth (=start to dislike someone or something) My sister took an instant dislike to him.show/express your dislike of/for sb/sth Arthur tried hard not to show his dislike of the meal. | They are too scared to express their dislike of the president.hide/conceal your dislike of/for sb/sth He didn’t bother to hide his dislike for me.share a dislike of/for sb/sth He seems to share your dislike for religion.overcome your dislike of/for sb/sth (=stop disliking something) She managed to overcome her dislike of the local food.prepositionsa dislike of sth/sb Denise shared her mother’s dislike of housework.a dislike for sb/sth He always had a deep dislike for authority.Dislike of or dislike for?These prepositions mean the same. Of is more common.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:45:34