请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 chat
释义
chat /tʃæt/ noun an informal friendly conversationadjectivesa friendly chat They had a friendly chat and talked about the weather.an informal chat Come and see me any time if you want an informal chat about jobs.a quiet chat (=one that other people will not interrupt) Let’s go and have a quiet chat over lunch.a nice/good chat We had a really nice chat.a long chat They sat down and had a long chat.a quick/brief chat My manager said he wanted to have a brief chat with me.a private/confidential chat I think you should have a confidential chat with the school nurse.a little chat Why don’t you call her and have a little chat?a cosy chat BrE a cozy chat AmE (=a relaxed and usually private one) I made some coffee and we had a cosy chat.verbshave a chat We were just having a chat.stop for a chat He would have liked to stop for a chat.drop in for a chat (=visit someone informally for a chat) She used to drop in for a chat if she was passing.prepositionsa chat with sb Lucy felt more cheerful after her chat with Bridget.a chat about sth We had a nice chat about what our kids were doing.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 13:20:17