请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 day
释义
day /deɪ/ noun 1. a period of 24 hoursadjectives/nouns + dayevery/each day The museum is open to visitors every day.the same day Similar protests took place on the same day in other towns.the next/following day (=the day after something happened in the past) The story was in the newspaper the following day.the previous day (=the day before something happened in the past) I had been to the doctor the previous day.a big day (=a day when something important is planned) The team was training hard to prepare for the big day.a historic day (=when a historically important event happens) The moon landing was a historic day.a school/working/trading etc day (=a day when children go to school, people go to work etc) She has to get up at 7 a.m. on school days.election/market etc day Election day is on May 2nd. | Wednesday is market day in Oxford.a holy day Friday is the Muslim holy day.Christmas/Easter/Independence etc Day What day of the week is Christmas Day this year?sb’s wedding day (=the day when someone gets married) She wanted everything to be perfect for her wedding day.verbsa day comes (=it happens) The war will end and, when that day comes, everyone will be happy.a day passes/goes by The day passed uneventfully. | Another day went by, and he still hadn’t called.prepositionson a day On days when I have to work, I leave the house at 8 a.m. | On the day she was due to arrive, there was a rail strike.the day of sth (=the day when a particular thing happens) They all looked forward to the day of the wedding.for ... days (=used for saying how many days something lasts) It rained heavily for three days.in ... days also in ... days’ time (=used for counting a number of days into the future) In six days’ time they will be in San Francisco.phrasesthe day before yesterday We arrived in France the day before yesterday.the day after tomorrow They have agreed to meet for lunch the day after tomorrow.the other day (=a few days ago) Mark called the other day.day by day also by the day (=as time passes) She gets more beautiful day by day.24 hours a day (=during the whole day and night) In Cairo, the streets are busy 24 hours a day.one/some day (=at some time in the future) They knew they would see each other again some day.2. the time during the day when it is light, or when you are working or doing thingsadjectivesa beautiful/lovely/glorious day (=with very nice weather) It was a beautiful day for a wedding.a sunny/rainy/cloudy day They hoped for a sunny day for the picnic.a nice/lovely/happy day The family enjoyed a lovely day at the beach.a good day (=in which things have happened in the way you want) She had another good day at work.a bad day (=in which things have happened in a way you do not want) You look as if you’ve had a bad day.a hard day (=in which you work hard) A hot bath is nice after a hard day.a long day They’ve been working since 6 a.m., so it’s been a long day.verbshave a ... day Simon had had a difficult day at the office.spend the day (doing sth) I spent the day shopping with my friends. | She plans to spend the day with her boyfriend.start the day (=do something at the beginning of a day) You should start the day with a good breakfast.end the day (=do something at the end of a day) We ended the day at a little restaurant by the beach.a day goes well/badly etc Although they had expected problems, the day went very well.prepositionsby day (=during the period that is not night) This shy creature sleeps by day and feeds at night.per day (=for each period of one day) Workers on the farm are paid about £45 per day.phrasesall day (long) (=throughout the whole of a day) The sun continued to shine all day.Have a nice/good day! spoken (=used when saying goodbye to someone in a friendly way) Bye Sam! Have a good day!one of those days spoken (=a day when there are problems) I’m sorry I’m late. I’ve had one of those days.day and night (=for many hours, including periods during the night) They would have to work day and night to get the project finished.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 10:38:19