请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 criticism
释义
criticism /ˈkrɪtəsɪzəm, ˈkrɪtɪsɪzəm/ noun remarks that say what you think is bad about someone or somethingadjectivesstrong/severe/heavy criticism The decision to build the road received strong criticism from environmental groups.fierce/harsh/sharp/bitter criticism (=involving angry feelings) The prison system has been the object of fierce criticism.main criticism My main criticism is that the film is too long.a major criticism One major criticism is that the system is very complicated.a minor criticism A minor criticism of the book is that the sections are not numbered.a valid criticism In his article, he made a number of valid criticisms.unfair criticism I feel young people come in for a lot of unfair criticism.constructive criticism (=that will help you improve something) I welcome constructive criticism of my work.public criticism (=in public) As a politician, you have to get used to public criticism.widespread criticism (=from many different people) There was widespread criticism of his speech.growing/mounting criticism The government last night faced mounting criticism over its plans to introduce a new higher rate of tax.outspoken criticism (=said very openly and directly) I was surprised by his outspoken criticism of the system.scathing criticism (=attacking someone or something very strongly) The minister came in for scathing criticism from the press.an implied criticism (=suggested indirectly, rather than said openly) She sensed the implied criticism in his remarks.verbsmake a criticism The only criticism I would make is that the film was a little too long.express/voice a criticism The report expressed criticism of the way the police handled the situation.face criticism The United States faces international criticism because of its refusal to take part in the talks.come under criticism/come in for criticism also be subjected to criticism formal (=be criticized) The new law came under fierce criticism. | These arrangements have been subjected to considerable criticism.receive/meet with criticism (=be criticized) His theory met with harsh criticism from colleagues.draw/attract/provoke criticism (=be criticized) The plan has drawn criticism from environmental groups.accept/take criticism (=listen to it and learn from it) I am not very good at taking criticism.level/direct criticism at sb/sth (=criticize someone or something) A great deal of criticism was levelled at the manager.single sb out for criticism (=criticize one person in particular) The goalkeeper was singled out for criticism.answer/address a criticism How would you answer their criticisms?prepositionscriticism of sb/sth There has been much criticism of the government’s housing policy.phrasesbe the subject/object of criticism (=be criticized by people) The club has been the subject of criticism since last October.be open to criticism (=be able to be criticized) The magazine is open to criticism for printing the article.be sensitive to criticism (=care about or be upset by criticism) He was highly sensitive to criticism in the press.a storm/barrage of criticism (=a lot of criticism) His comments provoked a barrage of criticism.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 11:19:01