请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 contact
释义
verb | noun
contact1 AC /ˈkɒntækt $ ˈkɑːn-/ verb to telephone, email, or write to someone, so that they speak to you or read your messageadverbscontact sb directly It was the first time that Helen had contacted him directly since they had separated.prepositionscontact sb by phone/email/letter He contacted the other members of the club by email. | Derek made several further attempts to contact Charlotte by phone. | I was unable to contact the company by letter because I did not have its address.contact sb at an address/at home etc You can contact him at the usual address.phrasesdo not hesitate to contact sb/feel free to contact sb Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries. | Feel free to contact us if you need any additional assistance.THESAURUS: contact get in touch with to contact someone. Get in touch with is less formal than contact: Do you know how I can get in touch with him? make contact with to succeed in contacting someone, especially when this is difficult to do: After months of searching, they finally made contact with their son. | Do you think we will ever make contact with aliens? reach/get hold of to succeed in speaking to someone by telephone: You can reach me on extension 2457. | I’ve been trying to get hold of him, but his phone’s switched off. approach to contact someone in order to ask them to do something: We have been approached by a company who are interested in working with us. | People have approached me about coaching but at the moment I just want to play football. | I approached several people for money to back the project.
verb | noun
contact2 AC /ˈkɒntækt $ ˈkɑːn-/ noun 1. communication with a person, organization, country etcphrasesbe in contact (with sb) (=have regular communication) He’s been in contact with his lawyer about the situation.get in contact (with sb) (=manage to communicate) Where can I get in contact with you while you are away?a point of contact (=a person or place you go to when you want to use a service) Your family doctor is the first point of contact for most medical services.verbsmake contact also establish contact formal (=communicate with someone for the first time) We’d like to make contact with other schools in the area. | The police are trying to establish contact with the kidnappers.have contact with sb I haven’t had any contact with her for over a year.stay/keep in contact also maintain contact formal We’ve stayed in contact since we met on holiday.lose contact (=no longer see someone or hear from them) She went to live in Australia and he lost contact with her.put sb in contact with sb (=give someone the name, telephone number etc of another person) I can put you in contact with a friend of mine in Paris.come into contact with sb (=meet or spend time with someone) It’s good to come into contact with people from different cultures.bring sb into contact with sb The job brought me into contact with a lot of interesting people.break off/sever contact with sb (=refuse to have any contact with someone) After the divorce, she severed all contact with her husband.avoid contact with sb She doesn’t give interviews and avoids contact with the media.adjectives/nouns + contactdirect contact (=spending time with someone) Our volunteers work in direct contact with people who need help.close contact (=communicating with someone often) I like to stay in close contact with my parents.personal contact (=seeing and speaking to someone yourself) She never comes into personal contact with senior managers.social/human contact (=spending time with other people) He lived alone and had little human contact.regular/frequent contact All students have regular contact with their tutor.constant contact Police negotiators were in constant contact with the gunman.radio/telephone/email contact (=using a particular method) Air traffic control had lost radio contact with the pilot. | Our business depends on telephone contact.face-to-face contact (=talking to someone who is with you) Certain types of jobs do not need face-to-face contact.one-to-one contact (=being with only one other person) Children with learning difficulties may need one-to-one contact.day-to-day/daily contact I like my job because it involves day-to-day contact with clients.contact + nounssb’s contact details (=an address, telephone number etc on which someone can contact you) Please leave your contact details and we will write to you.a contact address (=an address at which someone can contact you) Do you have a contact address for when you’re in Germany?a contact name (=the name of someone that you can contact) We were given a contact name and a phone number.prepositionscontact between sb and sb There is very little contact between the two tribes.contact with sb Many of us have no direct contact with elderly people.in contact (with sb) We stay in contact by email.2. the fact that people or things touch one otherphrasesbe in contact (with sth) (=be touching) For a second, our hands were in contact with each other.verbsmake contact (=touch something at a particular moment) He reached out and his fingers made contact with a wall.come into contact (=touch, especially when this produces a particular result) When water comes into contact with air, carbon dioxide is released.keep contact also maintain contact formal Make sure you keep eye contact all the time.avoid contact It is sensible to avoid contact with other people’s blood.prevent contact How can we prevent contact with harmful germs?adjectives/nouns + contactdirect contact Some skin diseases are spread by direct contact.prolonged contact (=for a long time) Prolonged contact with a wet nappy makes a baby’s bottom sore.eye contact (=looking directly at someone who is looking at you) He was shy and always avoided eye contact with people.physical contact Children need physical contact with a caring adult.intimate contact (=with another person’s body, especially sexual) She always avoided intimate contact with her boyfriend.sexual contact The disease spreads by sexual contact between infected people.contact + nounscontact sports (=sports in which players have physical contact) Rugby and American football are contact sports.prepositionscontact with sth You can catch the disease through contact with contaminated material.on contact (=when something touches something) The chemical explodes on contact with water.contact between sth and sth There must be no contact between the two surfaces.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:21:44