请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 coincidence
释义
coincidence /kəʊˈɪnsədəns, kəʊˈɪnsɪdəns $ koʊ-/ noun a situation in which two things happen together in a surprising or unusual way because of chanceadjectivespure/sheer/mere coincidence (=just coincidence and nothing else) It was pure coincidence that we both arrived on the same plane. | Is it mere coincidence that they always seem to employ men as drivers?a happy/lucky/fortunate coincidence By a happy coincidence I met an old friend at the conference.an unfortunate coincidence By a very unfortunate coincidence, she didn’t get either of his emails.a strange/curious/odd coincidence What a strange coincidence that they were born on the same day!a remarkable/amazing/extraordinary coincidence It was an extraordinary coincidence seeing him there.a complete coincidence (=used when emphasizing that something was a coincidence) It was a complete coincidence – I wasn’t planning to see her again.prepositionsby a ... coincidence also by coincidence By a remarkable coincidence, his new boss has the same name as him.phrasesWhat a coincidence! It’s your birthday today too! What a coincidence!it is a coincidence that It was a remarkable coincidence that two people with the same name were staying at the hotel.it is no coincidence that (=it is deliberate) It’s no coincidence that the government made the announcement today.be more than (a) coincidence When I saw him a third time, I realized it was more than just coincidence.a string/series of coincidences The accident happened because of a string of unfortunate coincidences.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:26:48