请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 chocolate
释义
chocolate /ˈtʃɒklət, ˈtʃɒklɪt/ noun a sweet brown food that you can eat as a sweet or use in cooking cakes etcphrasesa bar of chocolate (=a long block) He bought a bar of chocolate.a piece of chocolate Would you like a piece of chocolate?a box of chocolates I gave Mum a box of chocolates for her birthday.a square of chocolate (=a small square piece) I only ate one small square of chocolate.a slab of chocolate (=a large flat piece) They shared a large slab of chocolate.adjectives/nouns + chocolatemilk chocolate (=with milk added to it) She was eating a bar of milk chocolate. | The ice cream has a milk chocolate coating.dark chocolate also plain chocolate BrE (=without milk and not very sweet) The strawberries were covered in dark chocolate.white chocolate (=white in colour, with a sweet milky taste) Serve the cake with a white chocolate sauce.cooking chocolate (=chocolate used in cooking) Melt the cooking chocolate and spread it over the tray.bitter chocolate (=dark chocolate with a strong sharp taste) Bitter chocolate may be added to meat sauces for extra flavour.melted chocolate Stir in the eggs and the melted chocolate.chocolate + nounsa chocolate cake/pudding/sauce For her birthday he made her a chocolate cake.chocolate biscuits/cookies/brownies You mustn’t eat too many chocolate cookies.chocolate chips (=very small pieces of chocolate, used in cookies etc) vanilla ice cream with chocolate chipschocolate ice creamchocolate icing BrE chocolate frosting AmEa chocolate factory I worked in a chocolate factory for a few years.verbsbe covered/coated in chocolate The coffee beans are covered in chocolate.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 8:50:15