请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 eye
释义
eye // noun one of the two parts of the body that you use to see withcolourbrown/blue/grey/green eyes Both their children have blue eyes.dark eyes She looked into his dark eyes.hazel eyes (=pale brown and slightly green or golden) He was a quiet kindly man, with hazel eyes.red/bloodshot eyes (=red because you are upset, tired, ill etc) My mother’s eyes were red from crying. Don’t say black eyes when you mean dark eyes. If someone has a black eye, they have a bruise around their eye after being hit.shape/positionbig/small eyes She looked at me with those big brown eyes. | His small cold eyes seemed full of menace.narrow eyes He has a thin face and narrow eyes.deep-set eyes (=deep in your face) It was difficult to see his deep-set eyes.close-set eyes (=close together) He had a small nose and close-set eyes.sunken eyes (=very deep-set, especially because of age or illness) The man’s eyes were sunken, with deep black rings around them.puffy eyes (=swollen because you are ill or upset) The girl’s eyes were puffy and full of tears.sb’s eyes are open/closed/shut His eyes were closed and he seemed to be asleep.ability to seesharp/keen eyes (=good at seeing or noticing things) Her sharp eyes had missed nothing.beady eyes (=small and good at noticing a lot of things) His beady eyes darted around the room.showing your feelings/charactertired/sleepy eyes He rubbed his tired eyes and yawned.bleary eyes (=unable to see very clearly, because you are tired or have been crying) He tried to focus his bleary eyes on the doctor.sad eyes He smiled, but his eyes were sad.soulful eyes (=showing strong emotions, especially sadness) The dog looked up at her with big soulful eyes.misty/moist eyes (=almost crying) Her eyes grew moist at the memory.bright eyes (=happy or excited) Her eyes were bright with hope.cold eyes (=unfriendly and not showing any emotion) Her eyes were cold and uncaring.wild/mad/staring eyes (=very angry, afraid etc) The old man stared at them with wild eyes.piercing eyes (=intelligent and seeming to know what someone is thinking) He fixed her with his piercing blue eyes.hungry/greedy eyes (=showing that you want something very much) The men looked around the room with their greedy eyes.verbs + eyeopen/close/shut your eyes Joe closed his eyes and tried to get back to sleep. | I slowly opened my eyes.rub/wipe your eyes Anna rubbed her eyes wearily. | He wiped his eyes with his handkerchief.lower your eyes (=look down at the ground) Instead of answering the question, he lowered his eyes.raise your eyes (=look up at someone or something) She raised her eyes towards the sky.narrow your eyes (=partly close them, especially to show that you do not trust someone) The woman narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously.roll your eyes (=move your eyes up to show you are annoyed, bored, frustrated etc) When I asked her to tidy her room, she rolled her eyes and sighed.shade/shield your eyes (=protect them from a bright light or the sun) They gazed out to sea, shielding their eyes from the sun.avert your eyes literary (=look away from something) He averted his eyes from the body.run/cast your eye over sth (=look at or read something quickly) I asked him to run his eye over my report.set/lay/clap eyes on sb/sth (=see something or meet someone, especially for the first time) He had loved her from the moment he set eyes on her.eye + verbssb’s eyes open/close I shook him, and his eyes opened. | She let her eyes close for just a moment.sb’s eyes widen (=become more open because they are surprised) His eyes widened in shock.sb’s eyes narrow (=become half closed, when someone is thinking or feeling suspicious or angry) Her dark eyes narrowed for a moment.sb’s eyes shine/sparkle/twinkle (=are bright because they are very happy) Jenny’s eyes sparkled with excitement.sb’s eyes light up (=suddenly show excitement or happiness) His eyes lit up when I mentioned the word ‘money’.sb’s eyes flash (=suddenly show anger) Her eyes flashed angrily.sb’s eye/eyes fall on sth (=they suddenly notice it) My eye fell on a piece of paper on the desk.sb’s eyes dart somewhere (=they look there quickly) His eyes darted around the room, looking for a weapon.sb’s eyes glaze (over) (=they show no expression, because they are very bored or tired) As I talked, I could see his eyes begin to glaze over.two people’s eyes meet (=they look at each other’s eyes) Our eyes met across a crowded room.eye + nounseye contact (=when you look directly at someone at the same time as they are looking at you) Make eye contact with the person interviewing you.an eye test also an eye exam AmE (=to find out how well you can see) You should have an eye test every couple of years.eye make-up (=make-up that you put on your eyelids or eyelashes) She never leaves the house without lipstick and eye make-up.phrasessb’s eyes are full of tears/hatred etc When she put the phone down, her eyes were full of tears. | The prisoners stared at him, their eyes full of hatred.sb’s eyes are glued to sth/fixed on sth (=they are watching something with all their attention) Ted sat with his eyes glued to the television.can’t take your eyes off sb/sth (=be unable to stop looking at someone or something) She was so beautiful I couldn’t take my eyes off her.look into sb’s eyes She looked into his eyes and said “Don’t worry”.look sb in the eye (=look directly at someone when speaking to them) I knew he was lying because he didn’t look me in the eye.keep your eyes open (=prevent them from closing) I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open.keep an eye out for sth also keep your eyes peeled (=watch carefully so that you will notice something when it appears) Keep an eye out for butterflies as you walk along.keep an eye on sb/sth (=watch them, especially to make sure they are safe or do not cause harm) I asked my neighbour to keep an eye on the house while I was away.see sth with your own eyes (=see something yourself) I know he took the money – I saw him with my own eyes.with/to the naked eye (=without a telescope or microscope) The particles are invisible to the naked eye.before/in front of sb’s very eyes (=while someone is watching) Their homes were destroyed before their very eyes.all eyes are on sb/sth (=everyone is watching someone or something) All eyes were on the clock.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:28:21