请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 chest
释义
chest /tʃest/ noun the front part of your body between your neck and your stomachadjectivesa broad chest He was a tall man with a broad chest.a powerful/muscular chest His arms were folded across his powerful chest.a hairy chest His shirt was unbuttoned, revealing a hairy chest.a bare chest The workmen all had bare chests.a bad chest BrE (=one that is making you cough or giving you pain) I’m not going running today – my chest is bad.a weak chest (=one that often gets infections) My sister had a weak chest and was often ill.A woman with a flat chest has small breasts.chest + nounschest pain/pains Infection in the lungs can cause chest pain.a chest infection Every time I get a cold I get a chest infection too.a chest complaint/problem (=something wrong inside your chest, especially with your lungs) Older people often suffer from chest complaints.a chest injury/wound He suffered serious chest injuries in the accident.a chest X-ray A chest X-ray showed that there was damage to his lungs.verbspuff out your chest (=make your chest bigger by breathing in) He puffed out his chest proudly.sb’s chest heaves (=moves a lot as they take deep breaths) He was exhausted at the end of the race, his chest heaving.phrasesa tightness in sb’s chest (=an uncomfortable feeling) She felt a tightness in her chest and struggled to breathe.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 8:44:39