请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 cheque
释义
cheque BrE check AmE /tʃek/ noun a printed piece of paper that you write on to give someone an amount of money from your bank accountverbs + chequepay by cheque You can pay by cheque or credit card.write (out) a cheque I had to write a cheque for £360 yesterday.sign a cheque You’ve forgotten to sign the cheque.give sb a cheque Can I give you a cheque, or would you prefer cash?take a cheque also accept a cheque formal (=accept a cheque as payment) I’m afraid we don’t take cheques.make a cheque out/payable to sb (=write someone’s name on a cheque so it is paid to them) Who shall I make the cheque out to?enclose a cheque (=send it with a letter) I wrote to the company enclosing a cheque for £49.99.pay in a cheque (=pay a cheque into your bank account) I went to the bank to pay in a couple of cheques.cancel/stop a cheque (=stop a cheque from being paid to someone) Don’t forget to phone the bank and cancel that cheque.cash a cheque (=exchange a cheque for the amount of money it is worth) The company had cashed the cheque but not sent the goods.cheque + verbsa cheque bounces (=is not paid by a bank because there is not enough money in the account) The cheque he had given me bounced, and I did not know his address.a cheque clears (=the money goes into the person’s bank account) Bank customers typically have to wait three days for a cheque to clear.adjectives/nouns + chequea large/big cheque (=for a lot of money) Sara was delighted to receive a large cheque in the post.a blank cheque (=signed but without the amount written on it) I wasn’t sure how much the tickets would be so I gave her a blank cheque.a pay cheque (=one that you get regularly for doing your job) My pay cheque arrived at the end of each week.cheque + nounsa cheque book (=a book of cheques that your bank gives you to use) When you open a bank account you will be given your own cheque book.a cheque card (=a bank card shown when paying by cheque) Cheques must be accompanied by a valid card.a cheque stub (=the part of a cheque that stays in your cheque book when you have written a cheque) Check your cheque stubs to see when you wrote the cheque.prepositionsa cheque for £50/£120 etc The winner will receive a cheque for £5,000.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 8:47:41