请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 very
释义
adverb | adjective
very1 /ˈveri/ adverb to a great degreeadjectivesvery good/big/happy/tired etc I thought it was a very good idea.very few/little In those days, very few people had telephones.the very best/worst/poorest/simplest etc We use the very best materials that are available.adverbsvery much I liked the town very much.very well/quickly/often etc The fire spread very quickly.very very... especially spoken I’m feeling very very tired. Don’t use very with adjectives that already mean “very”. For example, don’t say It was very huge/terrible/terrifying/fascinating/delicious. Just say It was huge/terrible/terrifying/fascinating/delicious or It was absolutely huge/terrible/terrifying/fascinating/delicious.Using other words apart from veryStudents overuse very, because it is the safe word to use. It can make your writing sound more authoritative if you can use another adverb such as highly or deeply, with the right adjective.THESAURUS: very highlysuccessful | popular | profitable | desirable | unlikely | unusual | likely | probable | significant | important | skilled | intelligent | respected | educated | effective | efficient | reliable | complex | sensitive | dangerous | risky | toxic | suspicious | critical very – used with these adjectives: Now Williams is a highly successful businessman. | Was he a terrorist? It seemed highly unlikely. | These findings are highly significant. | US scientists have developed highly effective treatments for many diseases. | This waste is highly dangerous and can be damaging to the local environment. deeplyconcerned | worried | disturbed | troubled | shocked | saddened | upset | unhappy | ashamed | embarrassed | involved | committed | unpopular | suspicious | grateful | interested | influenced | divided | moving | worrying | disturbing | troubling | shocking | offensive very – used with these adjectives: She is deeply concerned about the health of her unborn baby. | He became deeply involved in politics at university. | The war has been deeply unpopular in this country. | I found the film deeply moving. | The situation is deeply worrying.Deeply or highly?Deeply is often used when your emotions are strongly affected by something. You say that you are deeply concerned/saddened/shocked etc, or that something is deeply moving/worrying/offensive etc.Highly often has a more positive feeling than deeply. For example, you say that something is highly successful/important, or that someone is highly intelligent/educated/respected. On the other hand, highly is also used when saying that something is very unusual or dangerous. absolutelyright | correct | free | essential | vital | crucial | necessary | sure | certain | delicious | brilliant | gorgeous | fantastic | ridiculous | terrible | awful | impossible used with adjectives that already contain the meaning ‘very’, for example delicious or awful, and with other adjectives that cannot be graded, for example necessary or free: You are, of course, absolutely right. | It is absolutely essential to wear a helmet. | The cake tastes absolutely delicious. | Heavy snow made travel by road absolutely impossible. trulyremarkable | amazing | magnificent | spectacular | memorable | astonishing | sorry | happy | grateful | honoured really – used especially with adjectives that mean very impressive or good, or when saying that you are very sorry or happy: Winning five gold medals was a truly remarkable achievement. | There is some truly spectacular scenery. | I’m truly grateful to him for what he has done. greatlyencouraged | distressed | relieved | disappointed | surprised | influenced a lot – used with adjectives ending in -ed and past participles: They are greatly encouraged by the success of the scheme. | I was greatly relieved when the trip was canceled. | He was greatly influenced by Picasso.
adverb | adjective
very2 /ˈveri/ adjective used for emphasisnounsthe very end/beginning He remained active to the very end of his life. | It is clear from the very beginning of the play that he is a weak and unpopular ruler.in the very centre/heart of sth The hotel is located in the very heart of the city.at that very moment At that very moment, the doorbell rang.on this/that very spot A statue of the king once stood on this very spot.for this/that very reason The journey was dangerous and, for that very reason, exciting.the very thing He did the very thing he had promised not to do.the very idea/thought The very idea of going on stage terrifies me.sb’s very words “I will never forgive you.” Those were her very words.the very basis/foundation of sth They are trying to destroy the very foundation of our society.sth’s very nature/essence Some tasks by their very nature are more difficult than others.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 10:56:20