请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 tropical
释义
tropical /ˈtrɒpɪkəl $ ˈtrɑː-/ adjective coming from or existing in the hottest parts of the worldnounsa tropical climate Queensland has a warm tropical climate.a tropical country/area/island etc The fruit is available throughout the year in tropical countries.a tropical beach I’d like to spend my holiday lying on a tropical beach somewhere.a tropical paradise The island is a tropical paradise.a tropical bird/fish Many tropical fish are brightly coloured.a tropical species (=an animal, bird, or plant from a tropical country) Tropical species of fish need special care.a tropical plant/tree/flower Most tropical plants will die if there is even a small amount of frost.tropical fruit I enjoy eating tropical fruit such as mangoes and pineapples.a tropical forest/rainforest/jungle We must stop the destruction of tropical rainforests.a tropical disease (=an illness that occurs in tropical countries) She had several tests at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases.tropical medicine (=the treatment and study of illnesses that occur in tropical countries) He is a doctor who specializes in tropical medicine.a tropical storm The tropical storm smashed through the Bahamas.tropical sun You should wear a hat to protect yourself from the tropical sun.a tropical garden The excellent three-star Nipa Lodge hotel is set in five acres of tropical gardens.a tropical hardwood (=strong heavy wood from tropical areas used for making furniture) Europe and Japan are the largest Western markets for tropical hardwoods.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 13:28:21