请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 bite
释义
verb | noun
bite1 /baɪt/ verb (past tense bit /bɪt/, past participle bitten /ˈbɪtn/, present participle biting) to use your teeth to cut, crush, or chew somethingprepositions/adverbsbite into sth When he bit into the apple, he found it had a delicious taste.bite off sth She bit off a piece of bread.bite through sth The mice had bitten through one of the power cables.bite sb on the leg/hand etc The dog bit the boy on his leg.be badly bitten (=in a way that causes a serious injury) The child was lucky not to have been badly bitten.nounsbite your nails I wish I could stop biting my nails.bite your lip (=used especially when someone does this when trying to stop himself or herself from saying anything) She bit her lip and let him speak first.You also use bite about insects and snakes making a hole or mark on someone’s skin: I got bitten by a mosquito.THESAURUS: bite chew to keep biting something that is in your mouth: Helen was chewing a piece of gum. | He was chewing on a cigar. gnaw if an animal gnaws something, it bites it repeatedly: The dog was in the yard gnawing on a bone. nip sb/give sb a nip to give someone or something a small sharp bite: When I took the hamster out of his cage, he nipped me. nibble to take a lot of small bites from something: A fish nibbled at the bait. | She sat at her desk, nibbling her sandwich. sink your teeth into sb/sth to bite someone or something with a lot of force, so that your teeth go right into them: The dog sank its teeth into my leg. | He sank his teeth into the steak. chomp on sth informal to bite something and chew it in a noisy way: The donkey was chomping on a carrot. | He was chomping away on big slice of toast. sting if an insect stings you, it makes a very small hole in your skin. You use sting about bees, wasps, and scorpions, and bite about mosquitoes, ants, spiders, and snakes: I got stung by a bee. | She stepped on a wasps’ nest and must have been stung at least 20 times.
verb | noun
bite2 /baɪt/ noun 1. the act of using your teeth to cut or crush food, so that you can eat itadjectivesa big/large bite Pierce took a large bite of his sandwich.a small/little bite She ate her food in little bites.verbstake a bite She picked up the sandwich and took a bite.have a bite Can I have a bite of your apple?prepositionsa bite of sth Chew each bite of food slowly.a bite from/out of sth The dog had taken a bite out of the roast beef.phrasesin one bite Antonio can eat a burger in one bite.2. an injury caused by an animal or insect biting younouns + bitean insect/mosquito etc bite My arm was covered in insect bites.a dog/snake etc bite Dog bites can be serious. | Thousands of people die from snake bites every year. adjectivesa nasty bite BrE It looks like a nasty bite.verbsgive sb a bite Some fish can give you a nasty bite.get a bite I got a lot of mosquito bites when we were camping.bite + nounsa bite mark He had a bite mark on is neck.prepositionsa bite from an insect/animal The disease is passed through a bite from an infected mosquito.3. a small amount of food or a small meal that you eatYou often use this meaning of bite in the phrase a bite to eat.phraseshave a bite to eat We had a bite to eat in the car.get a bite to eat Do you want to go out and get a bite to eat?stop (off) for a bite to eat Do you want to stop off for a bite to eat at the next town?grab a bite (to eat) (=quickly eat some food) I grabbed a bite before going to class.a quick bite (to eat) Lunch was a quick bite in the canteen.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 15:32:03