请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 border
释义
border /ˈbɔːdə $ ˈbɔːrdər/ noun 1. a line separating two countries or areasadjectivesthe Canadian/Mexican etc border I had reached the Swiss border.the southern/eastern etc border They renewed their attacks on Ethiopia’s northern border.a common border (=that countries share) India and Pakistan each withdrew troops from their common border.a disputed border (=one that people disagree about) Fighting broke out along the disputed border between Thailand and Cambodia.verbscross/go across a border To cross the border, you will need a valid passport. | The army crossed the border and advanced on Warsaw.get across a border (=cross it, especially with difficulty) He helped me to get across the border.flee/escape across the border Over 100,000 civilians fled across the border.open/close the border After fifty years the border was finally opened. | The government moved quickly to close the border.form the border The river forms the border between the two countries.straddle the border (=cover land on both sides of it) This small village straddles the border between the West Bank and Jerusalem.border + nounsa border dispute (=a disagreement about where the border should be) The border dispute between Iraq and Iran was resolved.a border town She lives in the Chinese border town of Shenzhen.a border area/region The Afghan border area is open and wild.a border crossing (=a place where you cross a border) There are problems of delays at border crossings.a border guard The North Korean border guards will kill anyone who tries to cross.border controls (=controls on who crosses a border) Hungary tightened its border controls.prepositionsthe border between sth and sth We arrived at the border between the US and Mexico.the border of sth and sth Liechtenstein lies on the border of Switzerland and Austria.the border with sth We live in northern Sweden, near the border with Norway.on/along the border Chester is a town on the border of England and Wales. | There are regular patrols along the border.across/over the border (=on the other side of it) It happened hundreds of miles away, across the border.phrasessouth/north of the border The coach took us south of the border to Tiajuana.on this/the other side of the border Her friend lives on the other side of the border.THESAURUS: border frontier especially BrE the border: They crossed the Libyan frontier into Egypt. | The town lies on the frontier with India. line the official line that separates states and counties in the US: His family lived across the state line in West Virginia. boundary the line that marks the edge of an area of land that someone owns, or one of the parts of a country: The fence marks the boundary between the two properties. | The Mississippi River forms the boundary between Tennessee and Arkansas. | A road runs along the western boundary of the site.2. a band around the edge of somethingadjectivesa black/blue/pink etc border The wedding invitations had gold lettering and a gold border.a wide/narrow border How do I make the border wider?a decorative border You can add a decorative border to your web page.verbsput/draw a border around sth She drew a border around her picture.add a border Adding a border to a photograph is quite easy.make a border How can I make a border for my quilt?have a border Her bedroom has a border of stars that goes all around it.prepositionsa border around sth also a border round sth BrE The badges have a silver border around them.in a border Use a contrasting colour in the border.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:33:29