请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 rope
释义
rope /rəʊp $ roʊp/ noun very strong thick string, made by twisting together many thinner stringsadjectivesa strong rope We will need some strong rope to pull the car back onto the road.a thick rope The boat was tied to the post with a thick rope.a rope is tight Make sure the rope is tight.A tightrope is a high strong wire that a performer walks across as a circus act.verbstie/attach/fix a rope somewhere also secure a rope formal They tied a rope around my waist and pulled me up.untie a rope He untied the ropes and pushed the boat out.climb a rope He started to climb the rope.pull (on) a rope Pull the rope to ring the bell.throw a rope She threw a rope to the man in the water.coil a rope (=wind it into several rings) The man was coiling a length of rope.nouns + ropea skipping rope BrE a jump rope AmE (=for playing a game in which you jump over a rope which moves up and down) The girls took skipping ropes to school.a safety rope (=used to stop someone from falling) They put a safety rope around my waist.a climbing rope We always take climbing rope with us when we are in the mountains.a tow rope (=for pulling a car, boat etc behind another vehicle) The car was being pulled by a tow rope.a guy rope (=used to keep a tent or pole in the right position) He tripped over one of the guy ropes.a bell rope (=pulled to make a bell ring) He tugged sharply on the bell rope.phrasesa length/piece of rope He tied a length of rope to the boat.a coil of rope (=rope that has been wound into rings) There was a large coil of rope lying on the deck.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:33:38