请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 racism
释义
racism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ noun unfair treatment of people, or violence against them, because they belong to a different race from your ownphrasesaccusations/allegations/charges of racism His comments have led to accusations of racism.a victim of racism The defeated candidate said he was a victim of racism.the problem/issue of racism We must address the problem of racism.a form/kind of racism Blatant discrimination has been replaced by subtler forms of racism.the fight/struggle against racism We have not won the struggle against racism.verbsaccuse sb of racism He was accused of racism by one of his employees.experience/encounter racism I didn’t experience any racism at school.combat/fight/tackle racism We are committed to combating racism.stamp out/eradicate racism (=completely end it) He wants to stamp out racism in his party.racism exists The university admits that racism exists on campus.adjectivesovert/blatant racism (=very obvious racism) It was my first encounter with blatant racism.institutional racism (=racism that has become normal in a group) The report claimed there was institutional racism in the police force.casual racism I’m used to the casual racism of immigration officers.prepositionsracism against sb They are guilty of racism against Asians.racism among sb There were allegations of racism among the jurors.THESAURUS: racism prejudice
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/5/20 12:43:59