请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 puzzle
释义
puzzle /ˈpʌzəl/ noun 1. a game in which you have to solve a problem, answer a set of questions, or fit pieces of a picture togethernouns + puzzlea jigsaw puzzle (=one where you fit pieces of a picture together) Some jigsaw puzzles have thousands of pieces.a word puzzle We did a type of word puzzle where the first letters of the answers form another word.a crossword puzzle (=one where you answer questions to fit words in numbered squares) Dad was doing the crossword puzzle on the back page of his newspaper.verbsdo a puzzle I like doing crossword puzzles.solve a puzzle When you think you’ve solved the puzzle, you can check your answers at the back of the book.puzzle + nounsa puzzle book She took a puzzle book on the train to pass the time.2. something that is difficult to understand or explainadjectivesa real puzzle It’s a real puzzle how these animals manage to survive the winter.a great puzzle His comments were a great puzzle to me.a scientific/biological/medical puzzle The question of how galaxies form is a scientific puzzle.verbssolve a puzzle I think I’ve solved the puzzle of what happened to the money.piece together a puzzle (=solve it by putting together different pieces of information) Detectives desperately tried to piece together the puzzle of his disappearance.work out a puzzle Maybe together scientists can work out this puzzle.pose/present a puzzle (=be a puzzle for someone) How the disease is passed on poses a puzzle for scientists.remain a puzzle The true identity of this mystery woman remains a puzzle.prepositionssth is a puzzle to sb I don’t know how he got the job – it’s always been a puzzle to me.phrasesa piece of the puzzle (=a piece of information that will help solve a puzzle) Police want to find this car, which they think is an important piece of the puzzle.the solution to a puzzle A Cambridge scientist was the first to see the solution to this puzzle.the key to the puzzle (=the thing that will help you find the solution) Professor Jones thinks that he may have found the key to the puzzle.sth is a bit of puzzle to sb informal Her sudden strange behaviour was a bit of a puzzle to her parents.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:25:19