请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 patient
释义
adjective | noun
patient1 /ˈpeɪʃənt/ adjective calm and not becoming annoyed because of someone’s behaviour, or because something has not happenedadverbsincredibly patient (=extremely patient) My music teacher was incredibly patient with me.nounsa patient man/woman Romanov was not a patient man at the best of times.prepositionspatient with sb You need to be patient with her and wait for her to speak.phrasesbe patient Be patient. I’m sure they will contact you soon.ANTONYMS impatient
adjective | noun
patient2 /ˈpeɪʃənt/ noun someone who is receiving medical treatmentadjectives/nouns + patienta hospital patient All hospital patients follow a daily routine.a cancer/AIDS etc patient One in three cancer patients suffers no pain at all.a heart/kidney patient (=one with a heart problem or kidney problem) Some heart patients have to wait a year for surgery.a seriously/critically ill patient Any seriously ill patients are sent to the state hospital.a psychiatric/mental patient (=one with a mental illness) The drug was used in the past to treat mental patients.a private patient (=one who is paying for private treatment) In the afternoon the doctor sees his private patients.verbs + patienttreat a patient The patient was being treated for depression.care for a patient The hospital staff have the skills to care for these patients.see a patient I waited while the doctor saw another patient.examine a patient The patient was examined by a female doctor.patient + verbsa patient receives treatment/a drug Twelve of these patients were receiving treatment with a new drug.a patient has surgery also a patient undergoes surgery formal Patients who have undergone surgery need special care.a patient responds to treatment (=starts recovering) Most patients respond quickly to the treatment.a patient recovers The treatment succeeded and the patient recovered rapidly.a patient is admitted (to hospital) (=comes into a hospital) This examination should be done when the patient is admitted to hospital.a patient is discharged (from hospital) (=is allowed to leave a hospital) The patient was discharged after eight days.patient + nounspatient care More money should be spent on patient care.prepositionsa patient with cancer/AIDS etc The drug is used to treat patients with breast cancer.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 10:52:12